Monday, September 20, 2010

Guidecraft: Manipulative Toys Review

As an owner of a home daycare and mom of two young children, I am always on the hunt for fun and exciting toys. I look for toys that are not only fun, but educational too.


Guidecraft is the perfect solution to combine education and fun through play. They offer products ranging from play kitchens, to wooden blocks, to clothes trees and more.

I was recently sent three products to review.

Locking Ladders

Building is a snap, with no extra hardware needed to fasten the pieces. Just lock the ladders together and watch the building begin!  Locking Ladders is designed for ages 3+ and comes with 75 pieces, selling for $16.50 USD


I really loved Locking Ladders, but more importantly, my children do. It has been really great to watch the fine motor development in the kids as they link the pieces together to create awesome projects. The pieces are made of a strong plastic, and all the pieces can very easily be washed. I know Locking Ladders will be used in my home for years to come. I highly recommend Locking Ladders and you can purchase them here, directly from Guidecraft.


Interlox




Build, design and create with Interlox! No hardware or tools necessary; simply clip the edges together to create an unlimited array of constructions: buildings, people, robots, fantasy animals and more. Translucent plastic panels with inset details in five beautiful colors. Ages 3+. and sells for $16.00 USD, for a set of 96 pieces




These colorful squares offer hours of open-ended play. Children can make all kinds of different projects. My girls not only connect them together, but they also categorize them into colors, and count them too. I also used them to show my four year old daughter how to make a large square and rectangle by putting together a few of the little squares. Educational, but fun! That is what toys should be all about, and Interlox definitely live up to that!


I highly recommend Interlox and you can purchase them directly from the Guidecraft website here







Stak'em Gears


Stack 'em, sort 'em, build 'em! A collection of whimsical shapes to stimulate the imagination for hours of fun. AGES 3 and up, Stak'em Gears come with 96 pieces and sell for $22.00 USD. 


I love that my girls and daycare child can make flowers, towers, and bridges as well as so much more with Stak'em Gears. Hours of fun have already been had with these great manipulative/fine motor toys. Again, not only did building occur, but also learning colors, counting and categorizing. I highly recommend Stakem Gears and you can purchase them here, directly from Guidecraft




The Locking Ladders, Interlox, and Stak'em Gears, as well as all the other wonderful educational, and fun products from Guidecraft can be found here.


***I received a complimentary set of each of the above mentioned sets from Guidecraft, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a new Blogmania 2011 Dream Team Member! Just letting you know I am following you!

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete