Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Hand, Two Hands: Book Review

About The Book:

A delightful way to show little ones how their hands are a blessing from God that they can use to do help others. Written in rhyming text and illustrated with the charming art of Gaby Hansen, this simple message of God’s blessing of hands not only entertains . . . as it teaches what wonderful things our hands can do from scratching, latching, and petting a pup to washing dishes with mommy and putting toys in a box . . . but it also conveys the important message: We can use God’s gift of hands to show our love for Him by helping others. The book ends tenderly with a prayer of thanks to God for hands and asks Him to use them again:
One hand, two hands,
Five fingers, ten.
God, thanks, for my hands.
Please, use them again.
About The Author:
Max Lucado is a minister who writes and a writer who preaches. He and his wife, Denalyn, serve the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas. They have three grown daughters, Jenna, Andrea, and Sara; one son-in-law, Brett; and one sweet but lazy golden retriever, Molly.
My Review:
Max Lucado is a very well known Christian author and pastor, and personally, one of my favorite authors. I have been a fan of Lucado for a very long time, of both his adult and children's books. What I love best about his work for children is that many of the books are a "kid version" of the adult books. I love that. When I find an author that I love and learn from, such as Lucado, deep down I hope that one day my girls will also love that author too! I know they will learn so much from the teaching of Max Lucado.
One Hand, Two Hands is a beautifully illustrated picture book that teaches the lesson of using our hands to help, not hurt, others. It is, in my opinion, the children's version of Out Live Your life, Lucado's newest adult release. Not only is this a fantastic book to read with the children in your life, but it also allows for wonderful conversations about how we can use our hands to help those around us! I love this! With whimsical rhyming and fun pictures, children ages 2-6 will absolutely adore this book.
I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado online here, directly from Thomas Nelson. You can also purchase it from your favorite, local Christian bookseller.
***I received a complimentary copy of this book as part of the Thomas Nelson Book Sneeze Blog Review Program. All opinions are original and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment