Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nudge: Book Review

About The Book:


Brace yourself. This book is set to revolutionize your understanding of evangelism. And that revolution stands to affect not just your everyday habits, including encounters you have with other people. It will impact the very roots of your faith, the range of your mission and the limits of your freedom.

In the tradition of The Gospel According to Starbucks, this groundbreaking book dares to ask: Instead of "bringing people to Jesus, how about joining Jesus in what he is already doing?"

Author Leonard Sweet challenges you to use all five senses to interact with God and others. Nudge will remind you that for God to do something through us, God must be doing something in us

About The Author:

Dr. Leonard Sweet is the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of the Theological School at Drew University. He also serves as a consultant to many of America's denominational leaders and agencies. In 2006 and 2007, he was voted "One of the 50 Most Influential Christians in America." Dr. Sweet is the author of more than one hundred articles, over six hundred published sermons, and a wide array of books. To learn more, visit him at www.leonardsweet.com.

Website: www.leonardsweet.com 

My Review:

This is the first of Leonard Sweet's books I have read and I was absolutely astonished by it! Never before have I been challenged to rethink traditional evangelism like I have in reading Nudge. 

Here are a few quotes from the book at have absolutely blown me away:

"here is how I describe evangelism, "nudge" and evangelists "nudgers". Evangelism is awakening each other to the God who is already there. Evangelism is nudging people to pay attention to  the mission of God in their lives and to the necessity of responding to that initiative in ways that birth new realities and the new birth" (o.28-29)

"Nudge - gently pushing people off their seats more than it is sitting people down or driving them to their knees" (p.29)

Nudge has reminded me that I need all five of my senses to be completely aware of God in my live, and remind others of what God is doing in their lives, even when they are not believers. When they see what God has done in my life, and theirs, they will be nudged to see God in a totally new way. I know I have been! I love that Sweet has taken fear out of evangelism and replaced it with love and relationship! 

A fantastic book, very well written and organized and must be read by all Christians! We are called to evangelize and this book will change the way you look at evangelism forever!

BUY IT: You can purchase Nudge online through David C. Cook - as well as through your local Christian bookseller

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of The B and B Media Group and David C. Cook. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good book I will have to pick up. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete