Saturday, October 9, 2010
Then Sings My Soul Saturday
I have missed a couple weeks of Then Sings My Soul Saturdays hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders, but I am back this week!
This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada, and I am so thankful for so many things!
1. I am so thankful for a God who, despite my sinful nature, loves me and forgives me!
2. I am thankful for second chances
3. I am so thankful for my marriage. Its been a really difficult last year, but I am so glad that we are moving forward, having embraced forgiveness, made the necessary changes and becoming stronger than ever. We celebrate 13 years married next month and I could not imagine life with anyone else!
4. I am so incredibly thankful for my two beautiful girls! Life is crazy with a four and two year old in the house, but I would not have it any other way! They make me crazy some days but they also make me strive to be the best mom and wife I can be!
5. I am thankful for all my family, immediate and extended. Though we live out of town from both sides of our families, they are never far from my thoughts. I am very thankful that I will get to be an Aunty again next Spring to two of my sisters!
6. I am so thankful for friends that challenge me, drive me crazy, love me despite me, and make me laugh so hard that I bust a gut! Its been a long time since I have had a close group of friends and I am thankful to God daily for three ladies in particular (you know who you are:))
7. I am thankful that God has worked in me a lot this year, teaching me what it means to truly be a mom and wife after God's own heart! Though I am not perfect, and still make mistakes I am growing daily! Thank you Lord for all you have taught me and will continue to teach me
8. I am thankful for the provisions we have been given....and I strive to give back to others because of how I have been blessed!
9. I am thankful that I have a job that I love and can do from home so that I can be with my girls and raise them to be wonderful young girls after God's Heart!
10. I am so thankful for my parents, for adopting me 34 years ago and raising me to love the Lord! Thank you for all you have taught me and continue to teach me! I love you!
These are just a few of the things I am thankful for this year! It has been a year of growth, heartache, pain, happy times, and so much more. It is my firm belief that the hard times occur so that you will get closer to God! That has been very true this last year!
Here are a couple songs that have been especially encouraging over the last few months! I have previously posted these however, I know they will bless you just as they have me. Be Blessed today and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian readers!