Monday, November 8, 2010

Blogmania 2011 Dream Team Holiday Open House Day 8: Christmas Tea Party

Welcome to Day 8 of the Blogmania 2011 Dream Team Holiday Open House!

Today I am going to share with you an activity that I will be doing with my daughter's in the early part of December.

I wanted to have a get-together with some girlfriends and their children and since we all have girls, I thought a Christmas Tea Party Theme would be perfect. Here are some of the ideas I have found to incorporate into my tea party. Once I have the actual party, I will post pictures. These ideas are appropriate for 2 years and older, and can be easily adapted to suit your children's ages.

1. Music

Including lots of Christmas Carols is a must. Instrumental Christmas music can also be a nice touch, so you can interact without the distraction of the vocals in music. For me, a must will be the music from The Nutcracker by Tchiakovsky.

2. Finger Food

Include scones, finger sandwiches and small desserts. I am going to also serve an assortment of Christmas cookies such as Gingersnaps

3. Beverages

I am planning to use fruit teas (caffiene free) and hot chocolate during our Christmas Party. I also have some really nice Christmas Teas for adults (caffinatted). I will also have Egg Nog, Apple Cider and other alternative juice for those who don't want tea

4. Activities

I am planning a couple of craft activities to complete with the kids. One thing I would like to do is Gingerbread Houses. I have decided to do a smaller scale than the kits you buy in the store, so the kids could each have their own house to take home. I will use graham crackers for the house, and small candy like ju-jubes, smarties, peppermints. Basically whatever candies you put on standard sized Gingerbread Houses, you can use on the mini versions.

I am also going to do a story time, reading a number of Christmas Stories to the children. And possibly a Christmas Sing-along. I also have a DVD with The Nutcracker being performed by The National Ballet, which I may use. There are so many different version available, that you could find it almost everywhere (especially, check your local library)

5. Decorations

I am going to use a real china tea set, fancy tablecloth, cloth napkins, and all the other wonderful tea party decorations to make it a real-life experience for the girls. I will also have all my Christmas decorations up too, so will light the tree, and have a pretty centerpiece for the table as well.

I cannot wait to share photos of this wonderful party, and I hope to re-create a Christmas Tea Party each year for as long as the girls (and their friends) want to have them!

QUESTION:  WHAT OTHER IDEAS DO YOU HAVE THAT COULD INCORPORATED INTO MY CHRISTMAS TEA PARTY EVENT?






How in order to enter, you need to grab the above Holiday Open House button and place it on your blog. You also have to do a blog post listing a Holiday Entertaining Tip. Then you can link up on the Mr. Linky below. How easy is that! You can enter each day of the Holiday Open House as well, giving yourself 10 chances to win!!! So come join in the fun and link up today!

As an extra bonus, you can win a 125x125 add to be posted here on A Mom After God's Own Heart. The ad will be placed for one month's time! All you have to do is comment below, telling me your favorite Christmas tradition. Easy peasy!



*All links must link directly to a winter/holiday entertaining post. Links to main pages will be deleted. All linked posts must include our giveaway button. Any posts without our button in them will be deleted. Winner will be chosen using random.org. from all eligible (remaining) links and announced on www.parkerpronline.com on Nov. 11, 2010 and winner will also be contacted via comment on winning post. Winner will then have 72 hours to submit their contact information to blogmaniapr@gmail.com in order to claim the prize package. If not claimed, a new winner will be selected from remaining eligible links.

1 comment: