Friday, November 26, 2010

More Glimpses Of Heaven: Book Review

About The Book:



There is more to death than simply ceasing to live. In Glimpses of Heaven, retired hospice nurse Trudy Harris offered an intimate look at the final days and moments of terminally ill and dying people. Now she shares more of her stories and also stories from other medical and hospice professionals, allowing the veil to be drawn back on God's handiwork, while we are both living and dying.
If you have lost a loved one, are facing a terminal illness, or are simply curious about what happens when we pass from life to death, More Glimpses of Heaven offers you an even deeper insight into God's plan for our lives every day.

About The Author:

Trudy Harris, RN, is the author of Glimpses of Heaven, a former hospice nurse, and former president of the Hospice Foundation for Caring. Since retirement, Harris remains active in connecting the needs of terminally ill and dying people in her community with the hospice program she knows can best meet their needs.

My Review:

A beautiful reminder that death is not to be feared, but when we do fear we can walk through it with God. The stories displayed in More Glimpses of Heaven by Trudy Harris are beautifully written, and heartfelt. I did shed just a few tears through the reading of this book. It made me remember those loved ones in my own life that are no longer here on Earth, but forever in my heart. I miss them greatly, and it was truly comforting to read this treasure.

I have never had a loved one go through a Hospice situation, however I truly admire those who work with the patients and family at this most precious time of the ending of a life. My admiration goes out to Harris and all others that work with terminally ill and dying people.  A very heartwarming and comforting book indeed.

I highly recommend this book to all hospice staff, nurses, doctors, pastors and those dealing with a death in your family. 

BUY IT: You can purchase More Glimpses Of Heaven at your favorite bookseller of Revell Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment