Monday, December 13, 2010

Little Star: Book Review

 About The Book:

A king is about to be born! The stars in the heavens are competing to shine the brightest to celebrate his birth. But when they see the poor family, the donkey, the shabby stable, the stars all think, That can’t possibly be a king. We’ve been fooled.

All except one. The smallest, loneliest star in the sky, Little Star, is the only one to understand what the king was about to bring to the world. But what can Little Star do for him? 

Certain to become a Christmas classic, this delightful tale connects the star atop our Christmas trees to the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of Jesus, in the hearts and minds of young children.



You can read an excerpt of Little Star online here.





About The Author:


Anthony DeStefano has received may prestigious awards from religious organizations throughout the world for his efforts to advance Christian beliefs in modern culture. These include an honorary doctorate from the National Clergy Council and the Methodist Episcopal Church's Joint Academic Commission, as well as the "Defender of Israel" medal from the Jerusalem Center for Peace Studies, conferred on him in 2003. He is the CEO of a Catholic not-for-profit organization; he lives in Long Island with his wife, Kimberly, a kindergarten teacher.


My Review:


This year for our advent family time, I decided that I would like to read a different Christmas story to my girls (ages four and two) each night before Christmas, for a total of 24 books. I had quite a collection built up, and was looking for some new books, when I got a request to review Little Star by Anthony DeStefano.


What a spectacular book. The images on each page are beautifully illustrated and tell the story of Little Star in a fantastic manner. The book is very easy to read, and captured the attention of both of my young children. It would also be perfect for an elementary aged child to read to a younger sibling. 


In a society where the focus of Christmas seems to always be so much on Santa, I am very happy to have a book that focuses on the birth of Jesus. If you are looking to add to your Christmas book collection or pass on a gift of a book about the birth of Jesus this Christmas season, I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.


BUY IT: You can purchase Little Star by Anthony DeStefano online here, directly from Waterbrook Multnomah. It is also available through your favorite Christian bookseller.


***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Waterbrook Multnomah's Blogging For Books program, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous book! Thanks for sharing. I love that you're reading to your children each night. It's one of my favorite things to do with my kids. Visiting from iFellowship. Happy Wednesday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from iFellowship - What a wonderful book!

    I too read a different Christmas book every night too. Last night was the 12 Day of Christmas and all the history behind it. My daughter asked if I would please read THE ENTIRE BOOK! And I did!

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete