Saturday, December 11, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


It is really hard to believe that Christmas is only a mere two weeks away. This is the first Christmas in a very long time that I have not been rushing all over trying to get things done, and feeling stressed out. This year I have a peace that is so nice. I know why too....because I am not focusing on the hustle and bustle of the season, but rather the true reason for the season.

I decided this year that I would make my meditation on His birth the focus of my Christmas Advent time, versus baking, shopping, decorating, etc. And while I have done all "the stuff" to get ready for Christmas, I have spent more time focusing on Christ and the gift given from Him. It is so amazing to me the gift that God has given to all mankind in his son, Jesus. I have been a Christian for a very long time  but its only been in the last two years that I have really taken my faith very seriously and really believed what I have said I believe.

It is my prayer that over the next 14 days that you will be renewed by His strength and throughout whatever activities you have going on - be it concerts, family gatherings, or parties - that you will remember the true reason for this Christmas season. That He came for you and for all. Will you believe today?



If you would like to check out some more wonderful music, check out Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders!

Be Blessed this week and always!

1 comment: