Saturday, December 18, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


As we approach Christmas with only a few short days to go, I have been contemplating the question, "What were they thinking?" That is, what were the thoughts that Mary, Joesph, and others were thinking as the star shone, as the Angels appeared, as they journeyed to Bethlehem that cold night so many years ago. I am in awe just thinking about the gift that was given to me (and all other Christians) but I cannot even fathom what thoughts would have been going through the heads of those involved that night.

As I went through this week of contemplation, I found these songs that really brought my thoughts to life, and I wanted to share them today.





If you would like to check out some more beautiful and inspiration music, head over to Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders!

Be blessed as we approach the celebration of our King of Kings!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. I haven't come across these songs. I particularly enjoyed Joseph's Lullaby. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful songs. I've never heard the first but heard the 2nd one several times. So very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. watching the video made me think how strong women back then. imagine giving birth without any anesthesia. they rode camels, donkeys with huge tummies. life back then was hard though simple. i am just grateful for what we have now in this day and age. imagine, the King of Kings was born in a manger. if only they knew who He was...

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good question.
    I am also wondering what they were thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful songs, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the beautiful music! I had a similar thought in the new poem I posted, "How Much Did Mary Understand?"

    ReplyDelete