Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey with Nutrisystem - An Intro

I am no different than any other woman in that I have struggled with weight gain, and I am so tired of being unhealthy and tired all the time that I am making 2011 the year that I get healthy and STAY healthy.

For the last 15 years I have been in the cycle of yo-yo dieting, not sticking to an exercise routine, and dealing with weight gain as a result of medication side effects. During the last four years I have been pregnant twice, which of course let to weight gain, and I did great to lose the pregnancy weight, but it crept back and then some. Then last year I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and lost almost 30lbs. However, I fell off the exercise bandwagon through the summer and fall of 2010 and I have ended up gaining back about 15lb of that. Although my blood sugar levels are in the normal ranges, I know I have to do more to keep them there.
I started working out with the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home program and I am loving it. While exercise is important in the battle against the bulge, so is watching what I eat and portion control.

I am very excited to announce my partnership with Nutrisystem Canada as part of their Blogger Program. Over the next four months I will be partaking in their program on my way to losing 54lb!


Every Saturday I will update my progress with a weigh in, and let you know how the week has been for me. I will let you know how the program works, what kinds of foods Nutrisystem offers, the various programs they offer, my favorite foods in the program, and more! Stay tuned!

Now for the moment you have been waiting for - my initial numbers:

Starting Weight: 174.5lb
Starting Date: January 29, 2011
Goal Weight: 120lb (normal for my height of 5'2" is between 105lb and 130lb, according to my doctor)



Here are a couple of BEFORE pictures. I will update these monthly to show progress (more often if lots of progress has occurred).



So, definitely not the most flattering pictures in the world, but great incentive for sure!

Here is what my pantry cupboard now looks like with all the wonderful products from Nutrisystem Canada:


Stay tuned next Saturday to find out how my first week has gone! 

****In return for participating in the Nutrisystem Canada's Blogger Program, I am being provided with free food. In return, I will be blogging about my experience in an honest manner. I have not been compensated in any other manner****

Twitter Hashtag - #NSCANADA

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your weekly updates. I think you're going to love this program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shirley. i love the desert song because the words are just what i wanted to tell God especially where i am now in my life.

    i'm excited to see you reach your goal! i know you can do it! go! go! go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read your weekly updates! This is so exciting isn't it? Will be rooting for you all the way!!!

    Amy from Harvest For Tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you!!
    Thanks for sharing your story, I wish you all the best on your journey!
    :)

    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Can't wait to tell you how the week is going on Saturday....stay tuned;)

    ReplyDelete