Saturday, January 15, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


As I continue to look back on the year that was 2010, I am struck at the fact that it was indeed the hardest year I have ever experienced in a while.

This last year brought a lot of confession, pain, forgiveness, healing and restoration in my life in a number of areas. At the time, I admit I asked the question, "why?" Why did I have to go through this. I thought my life was going well.

 Little did I know the journey that God would take me on and the lessons I would learn. Through all the hard times, the lesson that I needed to learn was that I needed to come back to my Lord. I was like the Israelites in the Wilderness and had to learn to draw to Him to get through the trials. This is my wilderness experience and I have two choices: to complain and grumble or deal with it and learn from it. I choose to deal and learn.

It is through these difficult times I have gone through that I have learned to be a better mom, wife and daughter of the King. I have never dug into the Word as much as I have in the last year. I have never prayed so earnestly as I have in the last year. I have never questioned as much as I have in the last year. I have never cried as much as I have in the last in (at least in a long time). But I have never learned so much as I have in the last year and for that I am so incredibly thankful to God for bringing to and through 2010.

I am on a journey and it is still ongoing. The time may come in the future that I will go into details but for now, I will not divulge specifics. Just know that the journey continues.

But even in the hard times I have lifted my hands to Him and said thank you, and I know that He is faithful and always will be.

For Christmas, I received Chris Tomlin's newest CD, "And If Our God Is For Us" and I cannot tell you what a blessing it has been to me over the last couple weeks. Actually, all of Tomlin's music has been, but this CD has been a reminder of what I have been through and all that God has done in my life in the last year.

I Lift My Hands is from this CD and it is my prayer that this song will bless you as it has blessed me.




Be still, there is a healer 
His love is deeper than the sea 
His mercy, it is unfailing 
His arms are a fortress for the weak 

Let faith arise 
Let faith arise 

I lift my hands to believe again 
You are my refuge, You are my strength 
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember 
You are faithful, God, forever 

Be still, there is a river 
That flows from Calvary's tree 
A fountain for the thirsty 

Pure grace that washes over me 

So let faith arise 
Let faith arise 
Open my eyes 
Open my eyes 

I lift my hands to believe again 
You are my refuge, You are my strength 
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember 
You are faithful, God 
You are faithful, God, forever



If you would like to be blessed by some more wonderful music, please join me and others as we participate in Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders! You will not regret it!

12 comments:

  1. I like Chris Tomlin songs. Blessings on the journey. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful song, i love it, it's my first time to hear it though, I'm blessed with what you've written, thank you for sharing.

    Love the songs of Chris Tomlin:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful lyrics. great song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this.

    I lift my hands to believe again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, What a wonderful Christmas gift. I love Chris Tomlin. This one is new and a good one! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry 2010 was such a hard year for you. Choosing to learn is what God wants from you. You definitely are a Mom after His heart. This is a great song - a very encouraging song. First time I'm hearing this song... I love the lyrics: "I lift my hands to believe again - You are my refuge, You are my strength. As I pour out my heart, these things I remember You are faithful God forever"

    I pray that 2011 goes much much much better for you! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris Tomlin is one of my favorites!

    Praying that 2011 will be a much better and blessed one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris Tomlin has so many incredible songs. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree 2010 was probably one of the hardest years I have been through. But God is faithful forever and has brought us through so much. Don't want to think how we would make it without Him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard this song before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.....2010 was a rough one for many, including myself. You are not alone. :) I pray God will bless and encourage you now and throughout 2011, come what may. :)

    I'm a big fan of Chris Tomlin as well....beautiful post and beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Chris Tomlin fan too. His words really speak to my heart. This is a new song for me, but already I love it. Your words touched me too. May we all remember to reach for God in the desert times and in the good times.

    ReplyDelete