Saturday, January 22, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,




Does it seem like everything around you is falling apart?
Does God seem far away, even though He is right beside you all the way?
 Have you recently lost a loved one?
Are you going through marital discord?
Have you recently lost a job or dealing with financial difficulty?

Know that God is with you through it all. Whatever circumstance you are going through today, please remember He is with you! God loves you.

In the last two years I have seen a sibling be delivered to the loving arms of God, my parent's marriage end in divorce, heard of several friends marriages going through trials and experienced serious trials in my own marriage. However, God has been faithful through it all, and has given me the strength to deal with my own issues, but He has also given me the tools I need to be an encouragement to others.

 There have been countless moments that I have asked, "What are You trying to teach me in this situation, Lord?" He has not always answered the desires of my heart and my questions right away but I know that in His time, all will be revealed. However, wherever the journey takes me, I know He goes with me!



There's a time to live
And a time to die
There's a time to laugh
And a time to cry
There's a time for war
And a time for peace
There's a hand to hold
In the worst of these
In the worst of these

Chorus:
He is with you when your faith is dead
And you can't even get out of bed
Or your husband doesn't kiss you anymore
He is with you when your baby's gone
And your house is still and your heart's a stone
Cryin' God, what'd you do that for?
He is with you

There's a time for yes
And a time for no
There's a time to be angry
And a time to let it go
There's a time to run
And a time to face it
There is love to see you
Through all of this

Chorus:
He is with you in the conference room
When the world is coming down on you
And your wife and kids don't know you anymore
And he is with you in the ICU
When the doctors don't know what to do
And it scares you to the core
He is with you

We may weep for a time
But joy will come in the morning
The morning light

Chorus:
He is with you when your kids are grown
When there's too much space and you feel alone
And you're worried if you got it right or wrong
Yes he is with you when you've given up
On ever finding your true love 
Someone who feels like home 
He is with you

When nothing else is left
And you take you final breath
He is with you


If you would like to be encouraged through song, I urge you to head over and visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders for Then Sings My Soul Saturday!


Be Blessed!



4 comments:

  1. Mandisa has such a beautiful voice.
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song, and thanks for the reminder of God's ever-present love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. I struggle with something that I wonder what in the world God is trying to teach me, too. Maybe it's just to depend more on Him...and not on myself!!!
    In His Love...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song so much. It really ministered to me a lot last year when I needed to hear those words over and over. So glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete