Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Butterfly Bags: A Review

With two young children at home, and a husband that suffers from occasional back pain, I am always on the hunt for products that incorporate a natural way to relieve pain, aches and general discomfort. I also love to support local businesses whenever possible. 


Recently, I was introduced to Butterfly Bags and I cannot wait to tell you all about this wonderful Canadian owned and operated business from British Columbia!




About Butterfly Bags:


Butterfly Bags began in 2010 by Daleen Bybee, a mom who was looking for a creative way to provide financially for her family, while staying at home.




Butterfly Bags ($12 each or 2 for $20) are reheatable bags, made of soft, flannette material and filled with rice bags. The outer fabric bag is removable and completely washable. You can also have the bag filled with the following delightful scents: lavendar, wintertime (cinnamon,cloves and apple), peppermint or spicy chai. There are a variety of fabrics to choose from as well!



What are the Benefits and Uses Of Butterfly Bags?

-- relieves pain and discomfort of sore joints and muscles
-- warms up your bed at night, perfect for kids beds too!
-- helps with menstral pain and cramping
-- increases circulation
-- decreases engorgement in breastfeeding mothers
-- helps new pets stay warm and cozy
-- GREAT for doulas and midwives

Not only has Daleen created Butterfly Bags, but she has created a number of other wonderful products for use by your entire family!







Boo Boo Buddies - $10 for 3


Perfect for life's little bumps and bruises! 




Booby Buddies  $8 for 2


Great for breastfeeding Mamas. Use cool for engorgement and pain and use warm to encourage letdown and to promote milk supply and increase circulation. 




Beanie Buddy Bags (perfect for fun and learning) $12 for a set of 6)


Beanie Buddy Bags! made with 100% cotton flannelette -- filled with rice, just like Butterfly Bags! Each bag is approx. 4 inches square. 

These are a multi-purpose learning tool for the little ones and not-so-little ones in your life! Play with them at room temperature, warm or cold. 

Use them to intergrate colours, counting, gross motor, stacking, sorting, rainbows, letters, sounds and so much more into your day! 

The red bag has the wintertime flavour. The orange bags has the spicy chai flavour. The green bag has the peppermint flavour. The violet bag has the lavender flavour. 


My Review:



I was delighted when Daleen asked me to review one of her Butterfly Bags. I was even more excited when I got to pick the fabric my bag would be made with and chose one with pink and flowers (with two girls in the house, what other color is there, besides pink, right?)


The first thing I noticed when I received my Butterfly Bag was the smell (Wintertime) - it smelled delicious and even more so when I heated the bag up! The quality of the bag itself is very high quality and the fabric is super soft!


 Our Butterfly Bag has been used almost daily as I use it to relax at the end of the day and my husband has been using it to ease neck tension. A thumbs up from both of us for sure! 


I have already added Butterfly Bags to my list for potential birthday and Christmas gifts and have added the Beanie Buddy Bags to the list too (perfect for my home daycare ). The Wintertime scent has been a huge hit in my home, and each time I heat my Butterfly Bag up, my daughter says it smells like cookies!


I highly recommend Butterfly Bags and give them a HUGE thumbs up!


BUY IT: To place an order, check out the Butterfly Bags Facebook Group, to check out the fabric choices, scent choices, and email Daleen. Payment can be made in person (Cranbrook, BC Area) or through email money transfer. You can also check out the Butterfly Bags blog here.


***I received a complimentary Butterfly Bag, courtesy of Daleen Bybee, for the purpose of review on this blog.All photos are the property of Butterfly Bags and Daleen Bybee.  All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment