Today is day four of the The Husband Project 5 Day Mini Challenge. It is based on the book, The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp and I encourage all wives to read it and join me in loving our husbands on purpose and with a plan. Your marriage will be better for it!
Without further delay, here is day four's assignment:
Heart vs. Stomach
A Treat Just for Him
“You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans.”
Get a food treat for your husband that he’s not required to share with you or any other family member.
Stumped for ideas? Here are some thoughts:
- Get his favorite pint of Ben & Jerry’s and hide it behind the frozen chicken. Even if you buy it on Tuesday, you’ll have it ready and waiting for his special night later in the week.
- Is there a certain cut of meat that your husband loves? How about having the butcher cut something just for him? Most supermarkets will even do the marinade for you – one less thing to think about.
- Is there a certain candy that your husband loves from his childhood? Check out www.candywarehouse.com. They have all the nostalgic candy you could want (Black Jack Gum, anyone?) while also carrying any modern favorite you could be looking for.
- My husband’s family loves something called “noodles and mashed potatoes” (we lovingly refer to it as “The Starch Fest”). I learned how to make this special dish just for him.
- My guy loves the smell of baking almost as much as he enjoys eating the treat. Have some brownies in the oven when he gets home from work or working out. (I know, it negates the workout, but isn’t chocolate always worth it?)
- Our friend Scott mentioned that he loves cranberry sauce, but eats it only at Thanksgiving. His wife intentionally made the holiday treat for him this past July.
- Are you a wife who is an expert at low-cal salads and other forms of chick-food? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Man Food at www.kathilipp.com for ideas
My Project Results:
My husband has a lot of favorite snacks, and for Valentines Day, I want to gift him with a little basket filled with a few goodies (Bounty Bar, Coffee Crisp Bar, a few other things, and a Suduko Puzzle book). I have done this before and he just loves it!
I cannot wait to hear what you all will surprise your husband's with! If you blog, feel free to do a post linking back here, and leave me a link in the comments below. If you don't blog, email your plans at aandsrempel at yahoo dot ca!
Be blessed this weekend and always!