Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Husband Project: Day Two

Yesterday, I introduced you to a book called, The Husband Project: 21 Days To Loving Your Man - On Purpose and with a Plan!

How did you all do with the project of giving your husband 30 minutes of time to himself? I hope good! I cannot wait to hear about all your projects. Don't forget to leave your comments below and tell me how it went!


Today is day two of the five day mini-project challenge and here are the details:


Project #2Back in the Day

Do Something He Enjoyed Before You Got Married

“Lust is easy.  Love is hard.  Like is most important.”  ~ Carl Reiner

Your Project:

Initiate an activity that your husband used to love. Whether it’s his favorite hobby, sport, or pastime, it’s time for you to get involved – be his buddy today.

Getting Creative
  • Many a man’s hobby has gone by the wayside due to matrimony. Is it possible that it’s time you learned to golf or fly fish? Don’t try to beat him, just join him.
  • Possibly the only thing your husband would enjoy more than playing chess with you is teaching you how to play chess.  Ask for a lesson so he can teach you something that he is an expert at (or really loves). Just your willingness to learn will be a huge boost to your guy.
  • Pick up a magazine about your guy’s now dormant hobby. Ask him questions about why he loves it so much. Learn a couple of technical terms so that you are better able to discuss it.
  • Do a little research. Find out what the definitive website is on your husband’s favorite subject. Maybe there’s an event in town, a lecture to attend, or a game to watch.
My Project Results:

For many years prior to us dating and becoming married, one of my husband's favorite things to do was to make car models. However, since marrying he really has not done a lot of it. He often talks about how he would love to display some of his favorites (right now stored in a box - I know, terrible) and I cannot wait until our basement renovations are complete and we can make a nice display area for him. One thing I plan to do in the near future is to pick up a few models of his favorite classic cars and give them to him for his upcoming birthday. I think that buying him these will reignite his hobby and give him something to do that he really feels proud of and someday, hopefully, it is something he can do with our girls!

Another activity that we have started doing in the last year is watch wrestling together. My husband loves the WWE and each Monday and Friday evening after the girls are done to sleep, we curl up on the couch and watch it together. I honestly was not a big fan of wrestling prior to this (although I did know who the "big names" were) but I have to say I am really enjoying now! I am so glad that I can become involved with something my husband loves and encouragement him to enjoy it and teach me more about it!

Now, I want to know what can you do to encourage your husband's hobbies, or get involved with things he enjoys! Write about it on your blog, and leave me a comment below. If you don't blog, please email me your stories to aandsrempel at yahoo dot ca

Be blessed today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment