Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Nutrisystem Journey Week 1 Weigh In

As a person with Type 2 Diabetes, I know the importance of watching what I eat, exercise and keeping my blood sugar levels in a normal range. But I also know that life happens and how easy it is to put aside these important issues when I have so many other things on the go! Well not anymore!


During this first week on Nutrisystem Canada, I have noticed that I was much more inclined to purposely make the time to  exercise, and eat an well-balanced meal. Although I was eating quite healthy prior to starting Nutrisystem and thought I was watching my portions, I so was not! Nutrisystem has made me more aware of this, not only for myself, but for my family too!

Here is what a typical day on the Nutrisystem D Program for Women looks like. I am including their plan layout, with what I consumed on one day this week.

Breakfast: Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree - Blueberry Muffin
                Dairy or Protein - Yogurt Cup - fat free vanilla


Morning Snack: Dairy or Protein - 1 Cheese String Stick
                         Fruit - 1 med banana

Lunch:  Nutrisystem Lunch Entree - Black Bean Tortilla Soup
            Vegetable - 1 cup raw Baby Carrots (with 2tbsp fat free dressing, if desired)
            Vegetable - 1 cup celery (with 2 tbsp fat free dressing, if desired)
            Dairy or Protein - 8oz milk (2%)
           Fat - 1 tbsp Epicure Selections Italian Dressing Mix (made with oil and vinegar)


Afternoon Snack: Dairy or Protein - 1/4 cup of canned tuna
                           Fruit - 1 medium apple

Dinner:  Nutrisystem Dinner Entree - Pasta Primavera with Tofu
            Vegetable - 1 cup raw green bell pepper (with 2 tbsp fat free dressing, if desired)
            Vegetable - 1/2 cup cooked mixed vegetables (carrot, cauliflower, broccoli)
           (with 2 tbsp fat free dressing, if desired)
           Fruit or Vegetable - 15 grapes
           Fat - 1 tbsp Epicure Selections Italian Dressing mix (made with oil and vinegar)


Dessert: Nutrisystem Dessert Entree - Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar

As you can see from the above foods, you eat several smaller meals throughout the day. This keeps my blood sugar in normal ranges and kept me feeling full all day, so I felt absolutely no desire to snack.

Before starting Nutrisystem, I was a huge evening snacker, and during this week, I have not snacked after 6:30pm at all! That is a major accomplishment for me!

I have to say that all the Nutrisystem food I consumed this week were so good. Very tasty and definitely ones I will put on my list to re-order for next month. At the end of my first month I am going to make a list of my top 10 Nutrisystem foods, so stay tuned for that.

Another component to the Nutrisystem program is exercise. It is true that eating healthy is important in any weight loss goal, but when you add exercise to the program you will have so much more success. In my Nutrisystem starter kit, I received a DVD from Walk At Home creator Leslie Sansone. I was so excited to find this out. I have been using her DVD's for a couple months and really love them. Between this DVD and a couple of the ones I already owned, I have walked between 2 and 5 miles everyday this week. And it only takes about 30 minutes to walk 2 miles. What I love is that I can split up the miles throughout my day. I try to do 1 mile in the morning before my girls awaken, then another mile after they go down for the night. Any other miles I get done during the day is bonus. You can check out more of Leslie Sansone's program here.

Next week I go into more details about how the Nutrisystem Program works, especially the Diabetic program, so I hope you join me again next Saturday for more of my journey!

Now the moment you have all been waiting for: MY WEEK 1 WEIGH IN!!!!!

Starting Weight on January 29, 2011 - 174.5 lbs (too much!)
Current Weight on February 5, 2011 - 169.3 lbs (woohoo!)
Total Weekly Loss - 5.2 lbs!!!!
Goal Weight: 120lbs

I am very happy with this weight loss and cannot wait to see what Week 2 brings!

Thank you for all the kind words of support this week, it was so encouraging:)

Be blessed this week and always!


****In return for participating in the Nutrisystem Canada's Blogger Program, I am being provided with free food. In return, I will be blogging about my experience in an honest manner. I have not been compensated in any other manner****

Twitter Hashtag - #NSCANADA

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. over 5lbs!!! CONGRATS!!!!! keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAY! congrats on your success. Good for you for posting your starting weight,, I couldn't do it, and I love your goal line, I put mine up a little higher, but now that I see how easy this is, I might just lower it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great loss!

    Keep in mind though that you're choosing many lower protein items for your dairy/protein serving. Most yogurt cups don't have the required 7g of protein per serving. Milk and string cheese are also usually bare minimum.

    You can eat more tuna, too! the 1oz in your book is the minimum serving- you can have up to 100 calories worth per dairy/protein serving.

    Glad the program is working so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intently reading about your progress as I have contemplated about going on the Nutrisystem Plan. I have gained a great amount of weight due to the medications that I take for six autoimmune diseases. It is hard for me to fix meals. That is why I thought that this might be for me. The only problem is that it is hard for me to exercise due to the advancement of my rheumatoid arthritis. I wish you the best during your journey. I hope to learn from what you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an encouraging result! I have to share how much I enjoy Leslie Sansone's videos as well, especially this time of year! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete