Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Nutrisystem Journey Week 4 Weigh In



Wow, I can't believe I am at the end of my first month on Nutrisystem! These first four weeks have gone by so fast and I have learned so much. Not only about healthy eating but also about my own person. Sure I have learned about the importance of portion control, water intake, and exercise but I have also realized that I can reach goals that I set out to do. I can get healthy and teach others in my life (family) healthy habits, even my young children. Best of all, I have learned just how much I love feeling full of energy and healthy. Sure, I still have a long way to go on my weight loss journey, but I am on a great start. Thank you Nutrisystem Canada!


So as I end this first month I wanted to tell you my top ten foods that I ate during this month:


1. Blueberry Muffin (breakfast)


2. Banana Nut Muffin (breakfast)


3. Beans and Ham Soup (lunch)


4. Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce (lunch)


5. Vegetable Beef Soup (lunch)


6. Vegetable Fajita (dinner)


7. Zesty Cajun Style Chicken and Sausage with Brown Rice (dinner)


8. Chicken Tortilla Soup (very spicy, but so yummy!)  (dinner)


9. Fudge Brownie (dessert/snack)


10. Chocolaty Peanut Butter Bar (dessert/snack)


Don't they all sound delectable? Well, they were. There are so many other great foods I had the opportunity to enjoy and when it came to pick foods for this next month I included many of the above foods, and also added some new ones to try. Can't wait to tell you about those.


I also had a few foods that I was not crazy about. Not that they were bad per say, just not my favorites:


1. Nutriflakes Cereal with Wheat Bran (breakfast)


2. Black Bean Tortilla Soup (lunch)


3. Chicken Salad (lunch)


4. Fettucini Alfredo (lunch)


5. BBQ Sauce Over Beef, Beans and Rice (dinner)


As you can see I liked far more of the Nutrisystem food products, and I am very pleasantly surprised by that. I look forward to trying out a bunch of different products this next month, and will make adjustments appropriately for month three if I have to.


Now the moment you have been waiting for: My Weekly Weigh In!



Starting Weight (January 28, 2011): 174.5lbs (too much!)
Last Week Weight (February 18, 2011): 169lbs
Current Weight (February 26, 2011): 166.9lb (getting there!)
Total weekly loss/gain: LOST 2.1lbs!!!
Total Weight loss to date: 7.6lb



I am feeling really good about losing 7.6lb in just four weeks and cannot wait to see what next month brings. The one thing I did not do this first month is take my body measurements (oops!) but I will be doing that as of March 1, and will do an update at the end of each of the next three months. I know I have lost inches already because my workout wardrobe is looser fitting and I have been able to get into a pair of jeans I have not been able to in about a year! So pumped about that!


Have a great week all!



****In return for participating in the Nutrisystem Canada's Blogger Program, I am being provided with free food. In return, I will be blogging about my experience in an honest manner. I have not been compensated in any other manner****

Twitter Hashtag - #NSCANADA


1 comment:

  1. congrats on 7.6lbs in one month!!!!!! That is amazing. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete