Monday, February 14, 2011

One Thousand Gifts - A Gratitude Journey

At the end of everyday while doing my quiet time/devotional time I think about my day, what went right, what didn't, what my favorite things were - well, you get the point. My quiet time is a time of reflection, and I often think of the things that I am grateful for but have never taken the time to really write them down in a deliberate manner. That is until now.


Recently, I started reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Vorskamp. If the name sounds familiar to any of my readers, it should. Ann is the writer/owner at A Holy Experience. I only became familiar with her blog about six months ago, but it has challenged me and changed me for the better. I am so glad that God led me to her blog. And He really did. I was on the hunt for some blogs that could be of inspiration to me as I journey through life as a Christian wife, mom and woman. One day I was checking out my Facebook newsfeed and noticed one of my friends had linked to A Holy Experience, so thought I would check it out. From that point on, I have been hooked and have read it almost daily. Thank you Ann for your gift of writing and your words have truly blessed my life.

One Thousand Gifts is her journey as she develops a list of a thousand gifts she is grateful for. I am only a few chapters in but already have been challenged in how I approach my daily routine, my children and my marriage. I will be doing a more thorough review in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that.

 If you haven't had a chance to read it, do it today! You will not be disappointed. Here is a little sneak peek:



Amazing, isn't it?

There is also an online Book Club for One Thousand Gifts, hosted by (in)courage, another one of my favorite places to lurk online.

So now, I am joining Ann, and many others, in Multitudes On Mondays, and counting down my 1000 gifts! This is my first time listing my gratitude list, sharing with you all the ways He loves me and therefore will start and one. I challenge you this Valentine's Day to join us, so head over to A Holy Experience today!

1. Snuggling with my girls under a handmade quilt listing to music

2. A cup of Cinnamon Spice Chai Tea as I read my Bible

3. Answers to prayer

4. A hug from my husband, with a whispher, "I love you" as he heads to work

5. Wilderness experiences that draw me closer to God daily

6. Traveling mercies as my husband travels 2.5 hours aways from home today

7. Hearing "I love you Mommy" as my daughters awaken for the day

8. ....And the hugs that accompany those precious words

9. The gentle (and at times not so much) breeze that shows me the Hand Of God on creation

10. Melting snow that gives us promise of an early spring

Every Monday, it will be my plan to list ten items from my list, on my journey to one thousand! See you next Monday!

Head over to A Holy Experience to link up today!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great comment on my Nutrisystem post! I was actually already following your progrss :)!

    -Amanda T
    http://ratsandmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snuggling with my kids under a quilt too :)
    Visiting today from iFellowship. Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete