Thursday, March 3, 2011

Delirious: A Book Review

About The Book:

Martin Smith-one of the leading voices in the modern worship movement-shares his story, his insight, and his challenge to change the world.

For seventeen years, Smith held the microphone for Delirious?-the mega-selling, Dove Award-winning, Grammy-nominated band that helped bring the modern worship movement into existence. Here Martin reflects on everything from the craft of leading worship to the challenges of parenthood to how to find a place of compassion within a culture of consumerism. 

Along the way, he challenges readers: 
Are you going to be spectators-or agents of change? 
Are you going to read history-or make it happen? 
Are you just going to sing the songs-or will you live them out? 

Always personal and often surprising, Smith's story will spur readers to embrace the action God wants them to take.

About The Author:


Martin Smith was the lead singer for the worship band Delirious? for seventeen years. Delirious? won numerous Dove Awards, was nominated for a Grammy Award, and produced songs such as "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever" and "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?" Craig Borlase is a British co-writer and author who has written numerous books.


My Review:


For many years I have loved listening to Delirious? and one of my favorite praise and worship songs is "Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble?" from Delirious? When I had the opportunity to review Martin Smith's book recounting his journey with the band, I knew I had to read it.


Written in a very conversational manner you will be brought on the journey of the front man of Delirious?, Martin Smith. From starting out with youth worship nights to world wide concerts, Delirious has impacted many people for Christ and brought the urgent issue of poverty to the forefront. 


Part biography, Smith also challenged me as he will you. He challenges the reader to really look at your life and ask yourself, "are you going to just be a spectator, or do something about it?", and "are you going to just sing the songs, or live them out?" This last question really dug deep in my soul. I have realized that I am not doing enough for the global mission for Christ. I am not sure what it is God wants me and my family to do, but I am in the process of praying about it and being open to however the Lord wants to use me. I was open before reading Delirious, but even more now.


If you are a Delirous and/or Martin Smith fan, I highly recommend this book! You will be opened up to a very honest look at life in the music industry and how God can change your priorities in a simple act.


A great read, that I would definitely give a huge thumbs up to!


BUY IT: You can purchase Delirious by Martin Smith online through David C. Cook - it is also available through your local Christian bookseller.


***I received a copy of this book, courtesy of The B and B Media Group, Inc. and David C. Cook, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment