Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday



Well it has been a long time since I have participated in Menu Plan Monday, so I decided to join back on! I have really embraced the whole "homemade" meals and baking over the last couple years. I grew up in a Mennonite/Italian household, so as you can imagine, there was never a shortage of food in the house:) \

Although my mom tried to teach the basics of cooking and baking, I really showed little to no interest. This really did not help me much after I moved out on my own. I ended up doing mostly processed food cooking and easy to make stuff, so typical of a college student to be sure. When I got married, my attitude about meal preparation and baking really did not change much. Thankfully, I was blessed with a husband who liked to cook (he still does!) and therefore, I handed the reins over to him. For the most part he did not mind, but I know he got frustrated that he would come home from working all day and still have to make a meal. We actually took turns cooking from time to time, but I will admit he did the majority of cooking until we had children.

Since having children, it is like a light switch turned on. Now, I cannot get enough cookbooks, and try out new recipes! I love it. Yes, most times my family is my food testers, but I am very happy to report that most recipes have been received with tons of positive comments and are definite make-again ones. Over the last four years I have tried many new recipes and this week will not be any different. I picked up a cookbook of Amish, Hutterite and Mennonite recipes on the weekend and am hoping to test out some of the recipes over this coming week.

Now for my menu for the week:

Monday - Soft Taco Bake

Tuesday - Perogies, Farmer Sausage, Cornbread, Salad

Wednesday - CrockPot Chili, Salad

Thursday - Chicken StirFry and Rice

Friday - Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Soup, Carrot Sticks and Dip

Saturday - Spaghetti and Meatballs (made with ground turkey), mixed veggies

Sunday - Grilled Salmon, Asparagus, Mashed Potatoes

What is on your menu today? Head over and visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie to link up your menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment