Friday, March 4, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


This week I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite hymns. Growing up in the Mennonite Brethren Church, I sang (and listened) to hymns every Sunday. It was not until I was a teen that the churches I attended started to use more modern choruses and worship songs. However, there is something so amazing about the "good old" hymns. They bring you to a place of worship that I rarely experience with newer songs of worship. These are generally updated versions of the classic hymns, but have stayed true to the original in most cases.So please enjoy these timeless pieces and be blessed today and always.







To be inspired by more wonderful music, head over and see Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders for Then Sings My Soul Saturday!

Be blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Great choices, I love the first one. Now I have it stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed worshiping with you today.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the songs that you chose they are very special praise and worship songs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing those lovely hymns. I remember playing Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee on the piano, and I love My Jesus, I Love Thee.

    ReplyDelete