Friday, April 1, 2011

20(4)40 Challenge - Day 5


Lenten Challenge


As the week comes to a close, I feel so blessed to have experienced all that I have. Over the last week, I have learned a lot about how to change my attitude and really look for joy, despite hurt, frustration, and plans not going my way. As I mentioned, the only thing I can control is my reaction to the events in my life, be it big or small. So I go into this weekend looking for gifts and pleasures, in every moment of my day. So as I reflect on my day today, I smile. Not just physically, but in my heart too! It has amazed me just how much my attitude has changed this week. When before, the first thing I would do is gripe or complain, now I choose joy.

Will you? No matter what you are going through, attitude is what makes the difference. Its not easy, and my life is just as crazy as yours. With a husband, two children, a dog, and a home daycare, there are countless opportunities in my day that I do blow it and don't choose joy. But more often than not this week, I did choose joy and it feels so good! But I did not do this on my own. It is by God's Grace and Strength that I have made it through this week and through life in general. Without Him I am nothing, and I know my attitude and outlook would be so much different! Thank you Lord for teaching me to choose joy!

1. reading my Bible in the early morning hours

2. going out with a good friend for some "mommy" time

3. praying for a friend

4. talking with my sister, who is currently in labor, and hearing the anticipation in her voice

5. hugs and snuggles

6. being beat by my 4 year old at Candyland

7. starting a new book

8. clean floors

9. clean sheets

10. grass coming through the snow

11. a new CD

12. hearing my favorite hymn

13. journalling my journey

14. a sleeping child

15. fingerpainting

16. baking cookies

17. laughing until I cry

18. watching a new movie with my girls (Tangled)

19. moisture from rain bringing the promise of Spring

20. flexibility

If you want to join in the 20(4)40 Lenten Challenge, head over to A Minute Captured and link up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment