Wednesday, April 20, 2011

FM Static - My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go: CD Review

Fans of Thousand Foot Krutch have been enjoying the sounds of FM Static, the summery pop-rock side-project, since their 2003 debut.  The counterpart will be releasing their fourth studio project,My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go, on April 5, 2011 on Tooth & Nail Records. This release finds primary figureheads Trevor McNevan and Steve Augustine (both of Thousand Foot Krutch fame) turning in its most melodic, memorable and meaningful album to date that will make it feel like summer outside no matter what the season. 
“It’s funny because every artist is excited about their new record and there are a lot of clich√© things people say like it’s their best work yet, but this was honestly such an inspired process and it all came out so naturally,” notes McNevan of the instantly infectious batch. “I’m a sucker for a big hook and this record zeros in more on that top 40 side than in the past, but we didn’t go in with any intentions or hidden agendas. This isn’t a concept record, it’s more of a highlight reel of moments and situations in my life.”
My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go is firmly planted in present tense, urging listeners to not be afraid to step out in faith without worrying or feeling weighed down by a sagging self-esteem or less than ideal circumstances. In other words, seize each day and make the most of every moment.
The lead CHR and AC single “Last Train Home,” chronicles the basic human emotion of trying to fix ourselves, and realizing that God’s in control, over laid back R&B-tinged alt-rock. This song was the highest debuting single last week at CHR radio.
The band’s self-titled track “F.M. S.T.A.T.I.C.” is a timeless anthem that will be going to Rock format radio on February 18th.  This single was also recently featured in full on CW’s “Hellcats” – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RclJXA-nD8&feature=related.
For more information on FM Static and this release, check out their Facebook or follow their Twitter @FMStatic.
My Review:
I will be the first to admit that my tastes in music is extremely varied, having everything from Bach and Mozart to Bon Jovi and George Strait to Michael W. Smith and Chris Tomlin in my home library. One group that I did not have until now is FM Static. What I was missing was awesome! I love the eclectic, fun sounding, mix genre sound of their most recent release My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go, released on April 5.
My two favorite songs can be listened to above, thanks to Youtube: Last Train Home and Breaking Me Again. Actually the entire CD is really great and I do not have a clue why I had not discovered FM Static prior to now. I will definitely be checking out their other three CD's soon!
I highly recommend this CD and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase My Brain Says Stop But My Heart Says Go from FM Static on iTunes
***I received a complimentary copy of this CD, courtesy of Overture-Media, for the purpose of review on this CD. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment