Monday, April 18, 2011

My Journey Counting 1000 Gifts

Here we are in Holy Week, and I have found myself in a place I haven't been in a very long time. This year I have been much more reflective about the sacrifice made on Calvary all those years ago. This more concentrated reflection has been a long time coming, and I am so thankful to God for the work He has done in my life recently, but more importantly in my heart. I feel closer to Him than I have in a very long time, and my desire to know Him more and learn what He wants for my life has grown a lot in the last few months especially.

One of the reasons is that I am purposely looking for the small gifts in my everyday. As I seek these out, versus complaining about the everyday, I am so much more content and happy. Are there still "those days", where I lose patience and need more "mommy timeouts" than not...absolutely! But more often than not, I am much more appreciative of what is right in front of me and content with the here and now, the gifts that are right now.

As I go through this week leading to Good Friday and Easter Sunday, it is my prayer that I will only grow deeper in my walk with Christ, reflecting more on Him then me, and my world. Life is busy but I am so willing and happy to slow down, and learn from the Greatest Teacher ever!

111. words of encouragement

112. fresh from the dryer towels

113. hearing my children pray at bedtime

114. hearing my four year old tell me the reason for Easter

115. the desire of my four year old to learn

116. dishes in the sink proving I supplied my family with a healthy meal

117. His Grace

118. His sacrifice on the Cross

119. His Strength given when mine is gone

120. Bubble baths

121. playing Candyland with my older child, while the other naps

122. time to have a cup of tea while reading my Bible

123. melting snow

124. hugs from my 2.5 year old

125. snuggles

126. a new cookbook

127. family movie nights

128. curling up on the couch to read books to my girls

129. warm sun shining through the window of my kitchen

130. praise and worship music that lifts my spirits

131. the sound of children playing outside


To read others' journeys of gratitude, visit Ann at A Holy Experience today.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post, Shirley! Visiting today from Ann's place, and just saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! And your blog is so encouraging and cheery!

    I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

    Celebrating His resurrection,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m here from Ann’s today and you know what? I’ve found myself more reflective too. I give Ann credit for that – causing me to think and write on Easter. Walking to Lent with her. And the thank you list has helped too. My fave from your list is 130. praise and worship music that lifts my spirits (I heart music that brings me closer to him, in a church setting where you can feel the Spirit, alone when you feel Him – amen)

    God bless and keep you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete