Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Nutrisystem Journey Week 10 Check In




So another week on Nutrisystem has come and gone, and this week has been my toughest yet. I was very hormonal and had PMS terribly bad. One of my symptoms can be craving sweet and salty foods, but I can honestly say since being on my Nutrisystem journey this has not typically been an issue.

Until this week.

Everytime I turned around I wanted to snack. Not sure what is up with that, but I have to be honest and say I did give in ALOT. Although I stuck to the Nutrisystem foods for meals, I did snack on a few non-NS treats, which did not help my week. I am sure there will be weight gain because of it....we shall see. Not only that but let me tell you....I have been feeling absolutely gross because of the indulging I have done this week....yucky stomach, bloaty feeling, really moody, and absolutely a diminished energy level. Now granted, some of this is caused by PMS, but I know food choices have affected me as well.

I also did not exercise near what I have been of recent weeks, and I know that has played a part in how I am feeling this week. Back this being Sunday, I am in a new day and a new week and I know that next week, when I do my check in post, things are going to be so much better!

That said, I received some AWESOME news from my doctor this week. I did a fasting blood sugar/A1C test about two weeks ago to check out my Type 2 Diabetes levels. When I did these tests in December my overall fasting blood sugar and A1C were both 6.5, and on Wednesday, they were 5.5! A HUGE DROP!!! My doctor was esctatic! She asked what I had been doing, and I told her exercising regularly and doing Nutrisystem. She said keep up the good work and says if she had not diagnosed me with Diabetes 15 months ago, she would never known I had it. In reality, I have reversed my Type 2 Diabetes!!!

So that was an awesome plus in my otherwise rough week!

But now the moment of truth - did my off week cause a weight gain or did I manage to lose even a little?

**********************************************************

Starting Weight (January 28, 2011): 174.5lbs (too much!)
Last Week Weight (April 2, 2011): 159.8lb
Current Weight (March 25, 2011): 160.6lb (getting there!)
Total weekly loss/gain: GAINED 0.8lb :(
Total Weight loss to date: 13.9!!!!

So I gained, but not near what I thought, so that is a plus. However, I am not going to let it discourage me. I have going to jump back on the plan and kick some weight loss/exercise butt this week! I hope you will continue to join me on this journey! I have loved all the encouragement I have been receiving from you, my readers! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

For more information about the Nutrisystem Canada program, check it out here!

For more information about the Nutrisystem US program, check it out here!

Have a great week!

****In return for participating in the Nutrisystem Canada's Blogger Program, I am being provided with free food. In return, I will be blogging about my experience in an honest manner. I have not been compensated in any other manner****

Twitter Hashtag - #NSCANADA

No comments:

Post a Comment