Friday, April 1, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


This week I found a new, and oh so timely, blog meme to be a part of, called the 20(4)40 Lenten Challenge, and it has really had a huge impact on me. It encourages the blogger to see the gifts in the everyday and to journal 20 blessings, or gifts, for each of the 40 days of Lent. Now I did not start the challenge right at the start of Lent, but you don't have to. Its the process that is important. Looking at your day to day life, and all its ups and down, and look for the gifts. To choose joy instead of complaining, and to embrace the gifts! This week I chose, and still choose, Joy! And I can only do that because of His Strength!

Here is a fantastic song from one of my most favorite contemporary Christian singers. It is definitely an older song, but fits so well with choosing joy!



To be inspired by more wonderful music, head over to Then Sings My Soul Saturday, hosted by Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders today!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the Joy of the Lord is our strength!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that the joy of the Lord is my strength especially in days of sorrow. Thank you for sharing! Have a good weekend.

    Many Blessings,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly, the joy of the Lord is our strength :)

    Here is my entry. Please don't forget to follow me @ GFC & NetworkedBlogs. Thanks very much!

    Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete