Monday, April 18, 2011

When Life's Not Working: A Book Review



About The Book:



Life is hard--for everyone. No matter how blessed or fortunate you might be, there is a level of difficulty to your life: hard classes, jobs, relationships, and losses. But by following basic life disciplines, anyone can experience accomplishment, freedom, and ease in navigating through life's daily challenges.

In this positive, insightful book, veteran pastor Bob Merritt describes a set of universal principles that work for everyone in every stage of life, showing that what you do today determines who you become tomorrow.

You can read an excerpt of When Life's Not Working, here in PDF format.

About The Author:

Bob Merritt (PhD, Penn State University) has been senior pastor at Eagle Brook Church, a multi-site church with four locations north of the Twin Cities, Minnesota, for twenty years. With 14,000 in average weekend attendance, Eagle Brook is the largest congregation in the five-state area of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and the Dakotas. He also teaches homiletics at Bethel Seminary. Merritt lives in White Bear Lake, Minnesota.

My Review:

This is a must read for EVERYONE! If you want a deeper relationship with God, and a better life, I encourage you to read When Life's Not Working by Pastor Bob Merritt. You will find out how living a more disciplined life is what you need to accomplish His work for your life. This book is Biblically sound with real-life ancedotes from the author's life and others. You will be inspired and encouraged as Merritt shares seven steps to living a truly disciplined life.  Written in a very conversational manner, I felt like I was sitting right in the room with the author as he if he was reading the book aloud.  This book has really allowed me to examine my life and alerted me to where I need to make improvements, but reminds me (gently) that I cannot do it without God. A wonderful tool for the spiritual formation for all Christians!

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!

BUY IT: When Life's Not Working by Bob Merrit is available at your favorite bookseller from Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your review. I'm adding this to my list. Happy iFellowship! :o)

    ReplyDelete