Thursday, May 5, 2011

Now I Walk On Death Row: A Book Review

About The Book:
Inspiring Memoir in the Tradition of Born Again

As a high-powered finance lawyer, Dale Recinella was living the American dream. With prestige, power, and unthinkable paychecks at his fingertips, his life was perfect...at least on paper. But on the heels of closing a huge deal for the Miami Dolphins, Dale's life took an unfathomable turn. He heard--and heeded--Jesus's call to sell everything he owned and follow him. Thus began a radical quest to live out the words of Jesus--no 
matter what the cost.

In this quick-paced, well-written story, Recinella shares his amazing journey from growing up in an ethnic neighborhood in Detroit to racing through "the good life" on Wall Street to finally walking the God's path for him of ministry on death row.

You can read an excerpt of Now I Walk On Death Row here (PDF Format)

You can read a wonderful interview with the author here (PDF Format)

About The Author:

Dale S. Recinella has served for twenty years a volunteer chaplain and for thirteen years as a lay chaplain for Florida’s death row and solitary confinement. A licensed Florida lawyer for over thirty years, Dale also serves as vice president finance and planning for Christian Healing Ministries. He and his wife, Susan, have five children and live in Macclenny, Florida.

My Review:

This is a book that I could not put down. From the first pages, I was hooked as I watched the Lord work in Recinella's life and use him to reach out to people on Death Row. He left an affluent job and lifestyle to do God's work and in the process he learned so much. I really enjoyed reading and following the faith journey that Dale S. Recinella took as a lay chaplain in the Florida prison system. The book was written in such as way that it was intriguing, heart-wrenching and inspirational all in one. I did not want to put it down. You will be challenged to live out your faith as you read this book - I know I was and there are a number of changes I am willing and ready to make because of having the opportunity to review this wonderful book. When we fully surrender ourselves and our lives to Him, it will be amazing to see what can, and will, happen! We just have to do it.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase Now I Walk On Death Row by Dale S. Recinella online through Chosen Books, a division of Bethany House Publishers - it is also available through your local Christian bookseller 

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Bethany House Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment