Friday, July 29, 2011

Costume Super Center: A Costume Review

With two preschool girls, dress up and pretend play is one of the favorite activities around our home. Whether it is pretending to mommy's and playing in the Little Tikes Kitchen or having a tea party, pretend play has been known to last for hours. We also have many different dress up outfits, like a Chef, Firefighter, Doctor, and of course, the over-abundance of Princess wear. 


Not only do my girls like to play dress up, but they also love books! We easily have over a hundred children's books around the house. With the girls and my family child care program, we are reading daily and I don't mind that. I am a huge advocate of early literacy, and I model the importance of reading quality books by reading myself. One of our current favorite books is Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann.




Recently I had the opportunity to mesh my children's love of reading with dress up when I partnered up with Costume Super Center. I generously received a Girls Deluxe Pinkalicious Costume. Costume Super Center has a huge variety of costumes for women, men, girls and boys! From movie characters, tv show characters, Halloween and other holidays, and even community helper costumes, there is something for everyone!





Pinkalicious loves everything pink: Pink cupcakes, pink lemonade, pink bubble gum, you name it. She lives in a Pinktastic world were everything is happy and fun. Pinkalicious' favorite thing to do is eat cupcakes but things go awry when she eats too many and actually turns pink. We know that cannot really happen but its sure fun trying. The Girl's Deluxe Pinkalicious Costume features a pink dress with deluxe fabric details, a Pinkalicious character cameo, detachable wings, a gold glitter wand and a gold and pink tiara.
  • Size: X-Small (3-4), Small (4-6X)
  • Features a pink dress with deluxe fabric details and character cameo, wings, gold glitter wand and tiara. Cupcake not included.
  • This is an officially licensed costume



This costume has been worn almost daily by both my girls, as well as the girls that I take care of in my home daycare.


 It is very well made and has stood up to endless taking on, and putting off! I have found cleaning it very easy, even though you cannot machine wash and dry (can only be spot cleaned). It comes with all the great accessories needed for every princess/fairy - wings, tiara and wand! I really was not fond of the tiara as I felt it was not great quality but my girls love it, and I suppose that is what matters. They mix and match their princess accessories with each costume and there is no shortage of tiara's to go around.


If you have a Pinkalicious fan in your home, I highly recommend this great costumes. I will definitely be checking out Costume Super Center in the future, for more of my dress up and costume needs.


BUY IT: You can purchase the Girls Deluxe Pinkalicous Costume here, for $43.97


***I received a complimentary costume of my choice (above), courtesy of Costume Super Center, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment