Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jump Off The Hormone Swing: A Book Review

About The Book:



In Jump Off the Hormone Swing, Lorraine Pintus shares openly about the inner tension a woman can feel at certain times of the month between wanting to love her neighbor on one hand, and wanting to strangle her and shoot her ugly dog on the other. While many books discuss the physical and emotional symptoms of hormones, this is the first to explore in depth the spiritual aspects. Jump! is a mentoring book, not a medical book. The focus is on attitude, not anatomy. Lorraine shares insights from her own journey as well as wisdom from 1,500 women she surveyed. Sound biblical wisdom is laced with humor because after all, when it comes to hormones, you either have to laugh or cry, and laughing is better!

Get answers to these questions:

  ·   What is the number one thing I can do to feel better physically?
  ·    How does PMS and perimenopause affect me spiritually?
  ·    Which foods ease PMS symptoms...which make them worse?
  ·    How do hormones affect my brain?
  ·    Why does stress make my PMS worse and what can I do about it?
  ·    Are there benefits to PMS and perimenopause? (you'll discover 10!!)
  ·    How can God possibly love me when I hate myself?

Includes a 10-week study for individual and group use.


About The Author:


LORRAINE PINTUS graduated from the University of Nebraska with a BA in journalism and dabbled briefly in politics as a lobbyist and press manager for a gubernatorial candidate. She has been a media relations manager for Frito-Lay/PepsiCo., Inc. and with her husband owned an IBM store before becoming a promotion manager for the University of California, Irvine. Lorraine now proudly serves as "vice president" of the Pintus Household where she is wife to Peter and driver to her teenage daughters Mandy & Megan. In her spare time, she writes books and travels all around the world with her dear friend and co-author of Intimate Issues, Linda Dillow. Lorraine and Linda speak to tens of tousands of women each year, telling them of the hope and healing they can know through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.


My Review:


Since having my last child three years ago, I have definitely experienced a change in the way my hormones are affecting my body. I am nearing 40 and realize that this also is making an impact. But what frustrates me is how I, as a Christian wife, mom and woman, can act the way I act sometimes. I get so moody, frustrated and become a generally unpleasant person on a monthly basis. This is also very new to me. Up until having my girls, my PMS symptoms were very mild. Well, that has all changed and that is taking some getting used to. 


Jump Off The Hormone Swing is a must read for every Christian woman! You will laugh and cry as you are encouraged to remember that we can't control necessarily control what our bodies are doing (or anything around us) but we can control our reactions to it. But we also can't do that on our own. We need Christ to get us through all our struggles, even those of PMS and other womenly issues!  Pintus is straight forward and blunt but is also very Biblically sound in her advice. This is not a medical book and does not replace consultation with your physician but it is a great piece of encouragement and from the amount of positive reviews I have seen about Jump Off The Hormone Swing, it is a welcome book for many women.


This is definitely one electronic book which I will be purchasing a hard copy of to be sure. 


I highly recommend it and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase Jump Off The Hormone Swing at your favorite bookseller from Moody Publishers


***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of Moody Publishers and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment