Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Confident Heart: A Book Review

About The Book:



Step out of the shadows of self-doubt to live with a confident heart


Ever feel like you're not good enough, smart enough, or valuable enough? Renee Swope understands. Even with a great family, a successful career, and a thriving ministry, she still struggled with self-doubt. Sharing her own personal story, Renee shows you how to rely on the power of God's promises to find the security you need and the confidence you long for!
  • Exchange fear-filled thinking with faith-filled believing
  • Fail forward when life or sin sets you back
  • Embrace your God-given purpose, passion, and personality
  • See beyond who you are to who you are becoming in Christ
Powerful Scripture-based prayers are at the end of each chapter, along with Bible study questions and a chart with thirty-one promises to replace our most common self-doubts.


You can read an excerpt of this book here, in PDF format


About The Author:


Renee Swope is a popular national women's conference speaker, radio show co-host, and the executive director of radio and devotions at Proverbs 31 Ministries. She's also a contributing author to three additional books, including a Gold Medallion finalist and a People's Choice Award finalist, as well as several online and print magazines. Renee is featured writer for Encouragement for Todayonline devotions that currently touch over 450,000 lives each day across the world. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children.





My Review:


As a wife, mom and woman, I struggle regularly with confidence issues. I have for many years, even though I have been a Christian for a long time. I cannot tell you a specific incident that preceded my confidence problems, they have just always been there. It has taken a lot of prayer, and encouragement from others, as well as God's grace to get me where I am today. A Confident Heart is just the book that I needed to read recently. It has reinforced all that I have been learning about true confidence that comes from fully and completely surrendering all my life to Jesus Christ. It is so easy to worry and stress out and doubt but I know that He will give me all the strength I need to live my life and do His work here on Earth. I especially loved the chart of scripture promises to help with self doubt! Through His Word, and the ministry of Renee Swope, I have been encouraged and challenged more than I have in a very long time! You will be inspired and challenged throughout reading this book!


I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase A Confident Heart at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group


***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment