Monday, August 1, 2011

A Homemade Christmas: A Book Review

About The Book:


Making something with your own hands—whether it's a plate of just-baked cookies, a handcrafted stocking, a homemade wreath, or a hand-folded origami ornament—is a great way to connect with the true meaning of Christmas.

From holiday decorating to gift giving, A Homemade Christmas is chock-full of projects, recipes, tips, and helpful hints that are guaranteed to add a homemade touch to your holiday season. Open this charming volume to any page and discover a wealth of practical and easy-to-accomplish ideas for a homemade holiday:

• create personal, distinctive holiday greetings

• deck the halls with festive, handmade trimmings

• cook simple but memorable homemade dishes

• make unique, handcrafted gifts

• share the joy of the season with friends and family

Packed with inspiration and how-tos for ideas that are family-friendly and eco-conscious, festive and meaningful, A Homemade Christmas will put homemade back into your holidays!



My Review:


Okay, I know it is only August but I have already begun getting ideas for how I want to decorate for Christmas, gifts I can make, how I want to do Christmas cards, and have even finished over half my Christmas shopping. One thing that I have really wanted to do is to simplify my Christmas preparations and include a number of homemade aspects. One resource that I recently discovered that will help me out is A Homemade Christmas by Tina Barseghian. 


This book is full of fantastic ideas to help you with throwing parties, doing cards, planning your decor and meals and so much more! Literally, it is packed with many ideas to keep Christmas simple and homemade. Very economic and easy ideas for the whole family to do.


I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase A Homemade Christmas at your favorite bookseller from Harlequin


***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of Harlequin and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment