Sunday, August 7, 2011

My So-Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife: A Book Review

About The Book:


Author Sara Horn always admired the Proverbs 31 wife, but when she became a busy writer and mother, she deemed this model to be dated and impossible. Or is it? Join Sara as she heads into a one-year domestic experiment and offers full access to see if this biblical model can be embraced by a modern woman—even one who can’t sew.
With humility and humor, Sara sets out to pursue the Proverbs 31 characteristics through immersing herself in all things domestic, but when her family's situation changes and she must return to a full-time job, she's forced to look at the Proverbs 31 woman with a whole new viewpoint. Through it all, she and readers discover:
  • what it means to be a godly woman and a wife
  • how investing in family and faith refines priorities as a spouse and a parent
  • how mistakes are opportunities for growth
This thought-provoking, surprising, and entertaining personal account will inspire women to try their own experiments in living out God’s purpose for their lives.
You can read an excerpt of My So-Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife here (in PDF Format)
About The Author:
Sara Horn is a wife and mom, a writer, author and founder of Wives of Faith, a military wives ministry. She’s a sought-after media guest  and writer of numerous articles and books including GOD Strong and the Gold Medallion nominee A Greater Freedom cowritten with bestselling author Oliver North. She’s devoted to her husband who serves in the U.S. Navy Reserves, crazy about her son, and passionate about her ministry to women. 


Please visit www.sarahorn.com for more information


My Review:

The Proverbs 31 Women.

What do you think of when you hear about her?

I know for myself, I sometimes feel guilty because I think there is no way I can do everything she does. But during the last few years, and now since reading My So-Called Life As a Proverbs 31 Wife, I know I don't have to be. I just need to be willing to try. God does not want me perfect. He just wants me to be willing to try and make my relationship with Him priority, and look after my family and my home with a cheerful heart. If you are a mom and reading this, you know what I mean when I say, there are not enough hours in the day.

 As you read this book, you will be reminded through humor and thought provoking moments that a fear of the Lord, a gentle spirit, patience, and generally, all the fruits of the spirit are traits that we as women after God's own heart should possess. It's not an easy task to do, and Jesus never said it would be easy, but He is with us each step of the way when we strive to live a life that we see describes in Proverbs 31. I will definitely be getting a paper copy of this book to make notes and check out the recipes that are included in more detail.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase My So-Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife at your favorite bookseller, from Harvest House Publishers when it releases in September 2011

***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of Harvest House Publishers and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT book, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete