Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life Essentials Bible: A Book Review

About The Book:

"So what?" That's the response many people have to the Bible. Read a passage, interpret it, and still they ask, "So, what difference does that make in my life?"

In the Life Essentials Study Bible, renowned Bible teacher Gene Getz complements the full text of the popular HCSB translation by elaborating on 1,500 principles in Scripture that are as relevant today as when the sixty- six books of the Bible were written. Distilling these truths into principles, Getz helps the reader more easily remember and effectively apply the Bible's wisdom to everyday life. He explains how each of these principles represents a supracultural truth - one that can and should be applied at any moment in history and in every cultural situation.

In addition, the Life Essentials Study Bible was created with an integrated digital study system--more than 250 hours of free online coaching content led by Getz--that fosters a greater understanding of the Bible's grand story.

Along the way, Getz adds pertinent questions in print to inspire personal reflection or group discussion of each principle. There's also an introduction to each book of the Bible and its list of corresponding principles, plus a topical index and cross references for all 1,500 principles. Other features of this dynamic study Bible - available in six different editions - include a two-piece gift box (leather editions only) as well as a presentation page.






About The Editor:


Dr. Gene Getz is the host of "Renewal Radio" heard on stations across the U.S. as well as online worldwide. A church-planting pastor in the Dallas Metroplex since 1972, he is also president of the Center for Church Renewal, pastor emeritus of Chase Oaks Church (formerly Fellowship Bible Church North) in Plano, Texas, and an adjunct professor at Dallas Theological Seminary


My Review:


I have really enjoyed The Life Essentials Study Bible! It is packed full of information that will enhance both your daily devotional life, or deep scripture study sessions. It is perfect for the Bible College student, pastor, layperson, and anyone who wants to grow deeper in their relationship with God.


I especially enjoyed the QR Codes that I could scan with my Blackberry. That is once I figured out how to. I am a little technologically challenged with my new smartphone, and it was proving smarter then me...lol. However, once I put the right app on my phone, I was good to go! I have been able to watch a bunch of the video clips which run only a few minutes but will give you a lot to think about and apply to your own life. 


This is the first multimedia Bible and fans of QR scan codes will really enjoy it for sure. I am hoping though that as technology advances that these codes will be usable for many years to come. If you do not have a smartphone, such as the Blackberry, you will still be able to get a lot from this Bible. All the principles outlined are such that they will impact all ages, races and cultures. The HCSB Study Bible is a great translation, very easy to read and understand so will appeal to all ages and stages.


I highly recommend The Life Essentials Study Bible and give it a thumbs up.


BUY IT: You can purchase The Life Essentials Study Bible at your favorite bookseller, from B and H Publishing Group, when it releases in October 2011


***I received a complimentary copy of this Bible, courtesy of B and H Publishing Group and Lovell-Fairchild Communications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment