Friday, September 16, 2011

NIV Busy Mom's Bible: A Review


GOT A MINUTE? ONLY A MINUTE? This Bible is designed just for you. Throughout this Bible, you will find 52 one-minute Thought Starters that let you dip into God’s Word for a minute of refreshment. To go deeper, each of these Thought Starters is followed by an option for a five-minute Reflect and Pray or a ten-minute Study to help you learn even more about what God’s Word has to say to you today. Devotional thoughts are written specifically for you, the busy mom, and cover topics such as raising kids, marriage, emotions, and your identity in Christ.


My Review:


One of the hardest things I have trouble accomplishing in my day as a mom of two, and operator of a home daycare, is spending time in God's Word. I have every excuse in the book - too tired, dishes to do, laundry to fold, kids to bath, and the list goes on. However, with the NIV Busy Mom's Bible, I have been able to get at least five minutes of scripture reading accomplished in my day. No, that is not a huge amount of reading of God's Word, but it gives me a start. Then on days when I can, I dig deeper with a Bible study or other study. 


The NIV is a very easy to read and understand translation, although my personal preference is NASB and ESV. The NIV Busy Mom's Bible is compact too, easy to fit in a diaper bag, or purse, making it perfect to read while at appointments or when waiting for the kids upon school pickup. And I love the color pink, so it works for me!


If you are looking for a great new Bible for yourself or a gift idea for the moms in your life, I highly recommend the NIV Busy Mom's Bible.


BUY IT: You can purchase The NIV Busy Mom's Bible at your favorite bookseller, from Zondervan


***I received a complimentary e-copy of this Bible, courtesy of Zondervan and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment