Sunday, September 25, 2011

Raising A Daughter After God's Own Heart: A Book Review

About The Book:



Elizabeth George, popular speaker and bestselling author of A Woman After God's Own Heart and A Young Woman After God's Own Heart, provides an engaging and inspirational resource for every mom who wants to lead her daughter to a godly life by example, encouragement, study, and prayer.

With her biblical insight and child-raising experience, Elizabeth guides a mother's development of her daughter's spiritual life of faithfulness, obedience, and joy lived daily. Alongside these faith-life foundations, Elizabeth provides:
  • Small things that make a big difference—simple ways to implement life lessons
  • Purpose and priorities—what daughters need to know about what matters most
  • Study questions for each chapter—discussion material for moms and daughters
Women will find fresh ways to connect with their daughters as they glean from Bible verses and topical explorations and prepare their girl's heart and mind to become a woman after God's own heart.
You can read an excerpt of Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart here, in PDF format.
About The Author:
Elizabeth George, whose books have sold more than 6.5 million copies, is the author of A Woman After God’s Own Heart® (more than 1 million copies sold) and Breaking the Worry Habit Forever! She’s also a popular speaker at Christian women’s events. Elizabeth and her husband, Jim, are parents and grandparents, and have been active in ministry for more than 30 years.





My Review:


Elizabeth George has been one of my favorite female authors for quite some time, and was first introduced to her work when I first got married.  In fact, it was due in part to reading her books, that I came up with the blog name I did. Now, as a mom of two girls, I was very excited to hear of her new release, Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart.


I have always enjoyed how Elizabeth George writes in such an easy to read and understand manner. Her books are designed for moms and women at any stage and age of life. I love that she always includes many personal experiences, and does so in this newest book once again. This book gave me so many wonderful ideas to implement in my own life as a mom of young girls currently, and to reference later as my girls grow.


Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts God has blessed me with and even though I am at a stage where some days are tougher than others, I know that my girls are learning valuable lessons they will take with them their whole life! You will be presented with many scripture references and encouragement as you read each page of this book. I know I was. It includes a wonderful section in each chapter, Mom's Think Pad, where one can journal and get fantastic ideas.


Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart is the perfect gift idea for any mom in your life, and would be a fantastic baby shower idea.


I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart at your favorite bookseller, from Harvest House


***I received a complimentary hard copy and e-copy of this book, courtesy of Harvest House and Net Galley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment