After 17 years of bringing real people and their stories together to touch the lives of others, Chicken Soup for the Soul® has gone beyond the bookstore to become a world leader in life improvement. Chicken Soup for the Soul is home to the largest catalog of user-generated, life-changing stories. Through books, movies, DVDs, online resources and other partnerships it brings hope, courage, inspiration and love to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Chicken Soup for the Soul authors and readers belong to a one-of-a-kind global community that shares advice, support, guidance, comfort, and knowledge.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, publishes all the latest titles in the famous Chicken Soup for the Soul book series which are distributed through Simon and Schuster, Inc. Since 1993, books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series have sold more than 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages. Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing also licenses the right to use its famous trademark to high quality licensees. The company is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media, is working on several TV shows and is developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support, inspiration and wellness. In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century. For more information visit: www.chickensoup.com
- Total retail sales of Chicken Soup for the Soul branded merchandise have topped over $2 billion.
- The Chicken Soup for the Soul book series of over 200 titles has sold over 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul became the best-selling trade paperback series in the history of publishing.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s most well-known brands-- 88.7% of the US public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is (source—Harris Polls).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul holds the world record for having the most titles on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul receives millions of monthly media impressions, with cross-promotion relationships in place with top media brands like King Features, Woman’s World and others.
- Many of the world’s leading consumer brands have looked to Chicken Soup for the Soul for co-branding opportunities, including American Idol®, Coke®, NASCAR®, Marriott®, Campbell’s®, Arby’s®, Golf Digest® and others.
- Time Magazine called the Chicken Soup for the Soul series the “Publishing phenomenon of the decade.”
- In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century.
- In 2008, the company entered into a distribution agreement with Simon & Schuster for its books released after July 1.
- In 2010, the company established a blog network that includes more than 110 blogs around the world.
- In 2010, the company established an ad hoc radio network that includes more than 170 radio stations across the US and Canada.
About Inspiration For The Young At Heart:
101 Stories of Inspiration, Humor, and Wisdom about Life at a Certain Age
Life begins again at 60! Crossing that magic age might bring a few new wrinkles but also new experiences. This collection is full of humorous and fun adventures from those who are actively enjoying their "senior years!" Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for the Young at Heart celebrates the fun and wonder of getting older with its stories about dynamic older singles and couples finding new careers, new sports, new love, and new meaning to their lives. This book will amuse and invigorate readers.
I am excited to share with you another fantastic read from the folks at Chicken Soup for the Soul! This new release is designed for the young at heart, those over 60! With over 100 stories, there is something for everyone. And because they are short stories, they can be read individually, one each day, or you can choose to sit and read the whole book at at once! I love that each story has a life lesson too, and even younger readers will enjoy this one!
I highly recommend Inspiration for the Young At Heart, and know it will be a perfect gift idea, particularly with Christmas just around the corner!
I give this book a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Chicken Soup for the Soul - Inspiration For The Young At Heart at your favorite bookseller
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the Chicken Soup For The Soul Blog Network and Shelton Interactive, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***