Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jessa Anderson - Not Myself Anymore: A CD Review




About The Artist:


Earlier this year BEC Recordings’ announced the signing of female singer/songwriter Jessa Anderson.  Her label debut, Not Myself Anymore, will release on September 13. The new single, “Fireflies” was co-written by Phillip LaRue and Pete Kipley and is going for adds at radio August 19.  The label debut album is produced by Brandon Perdue and Kevin Bruchert as well as Pete Kipley on two tracks.  A 20-something Michigan native, Jessa, met her singer/songwriter husband, Jordan, while touring with Cedarville University. Shortly after she transferred to Belmont University and they married, the couple decided to pursue music full-time. With no back-up plan, they struck out on their own recording albums independently and booking their own shows. Jordan plays guitar for his wife, and he and their young daughter (Lorelei, of course inspired by “Gilmore Girls”) continue to travel with Jessa full-time. Her goal in songwriting and being an artist includes honesty and a genuineness that can be found in her music and life.  www.jessaanderson.com





My Review:


I have been a huge fan of Contemporary Christian Music for many years, ever since I received Michael W. Smith's Project on cassette in the mid-1980's (yes, I am a true child of the 80's and owned/listened to cassettes - even still have some) for my 12th birthday. Over the years I have developed some favorite artists like Avalon, MWS, Steven Curtis Chapman, Natalie Grant and more. Many of my favorites have been in the music ministry for many years, but in the last year or so I have developed some new favorite artists to add to my list. One of these is Jessa Anderson, who released her debut CD in September, titled Not Myself Anymore.


This CD is the perfect mix of soft rock and pop, with just a little bit of country influence shining through. With catchy music and incredibly encouraging lyrics, you will wear out your repeat button on your CD player or ipod for sure. Jessa Anderson is an incredibly talented young lady and I am very excited to see what the Lord will do through her music in the coming years. I cannot wait to hear more from her.


A great gift idea for the music lover in your life, particularly with the Christmas shopping season just around the corner.


I highly recommend this CD and give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase Not Myself Anymore by Jessa Anderson online through her official website


***I received a complimentary copy of the above CD, courtesy of the artist and Merge PR, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment