DO YOU SEE JESUS IN YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES
OR SAVE HIM FOR EMERGENCIES?
God longs for you to spend your day with Him. Reflecting Him helps you pulls back the veil so you can see how a true relationship with the Lord changes your life. As Jesus becomes a part of everything you do, you will soon be reflecting Him to those around you.
In ten weeks, through Reflecting Him, you will:
- Realize life is not about me, but all about Him.
- See daily applications for lessons learned from scripture.
- Understand how God is directing your life—often without you knowing it.
- Learn the importance of prayer in your everyday activities.
- Discover the joyful intimacy of a life filled with Jesus.
- Realize how your personal relationship with Jesus changes when you make Him part of everything you do.
The study comes in small enough bites to digest, but deep enough content to stimulate change and growth. Carla McDougal’s refreshing authenticity and humorous style lifts you up and encourages you to dig deeper into the Word.
About The Author:
Carla McDougal is found of and author/speaker for Reflective Life Ministries in Houston, Texas. Her true passion in life is her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. As a result, God has taken her around the world to encourage women to live every day for Him. Carla and her husband, Fred, have three sons and one daughter.
Interview With The Author:
- What practical steps can believers take to be less self-focused and more God-focused?
- Life is not about me, but all about Him. This phrase changed my life. Prayer is the key to keeping your eyes on Jesus. The more we pray, the more God moves us to do His will and not our will!
- You say it’s important for believers to discover how to pray everyday prayers. What does this mean? I heard a speaker say she would never bother God to help her find her lost keys or a good parking spot—how do you feel about that statement?
- I pray about everything! Jesus tells us in Luke 16:10, “He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much.” We categorize prayers, God recognizes prayers. God wants us to bring everything to Him. Nothing is too small or too big for God! Prayer builds our faith and trust in Jesus!
- What are some of the blessings of having an intimate life with Jesus, and how does one develop that intimacy?
- Humbleness abounds as I realize there is nothing I can do to earn an intimate relationship with Jesus. I can only obtain it through His grace and mercy, which He gives so freely. Jesus is my all in all.
You will be both encouraged and inspired as you work your way through Reflecting Him by Carla McDougal. Written in a style that will appeal to both newer Christians and those (like myself) who have been doing Bible Studies for a long time, Reflecting Him has a little something for everyone. A perfect supplement to any church's Women's Ministry program. Instead of focusing on only one passage from the Bible, specific book of the Bible or Bible Character, McDougal uses scripture references from both Old and New Testaments, providing the reader with a fantastic overview. There is not only a far amount of personal stories, and real life challenges, but also a ton of self reflection that occurs through the Bible Study and I loved it! Very reminiscent of Beth Moore's style of studies.
For the purpose of review I have studied the first two weeks of Reflecting Him, but will definitely be continuing this one, and sharing it with my Women's Ministry director at church.
I highly recommend Reflecting Him and give it a huge thumbs up!
BUY IT: You can purchase Reflecting Him by Carla McDougal online here.
***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of the author and Kathy Carlton Willis Communications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***