Saturday, October 1, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


This upcoming Monday, my oldest child is turning five years old. Wow, I cannot believe how fast these last five years have gone. When I think back at where we were to where we are now, it is truly crazy and what a ride it has been.


July 2007, almost 10 months old

We have gone from an emergency c-section at just shy of 30 weeks and having a 4lb 3.5oz preemie, to a beautiful, healthy Kindergarten attending girl who loves everything Princess, crafts, books, has a strong spirit and is a creature of routine. This beautiful miracle has blessed me beyond words and has taught me so much.

I have learned to be stronger and to let go of control that in reality is not mine. I have learned that despite all planning God is ultimately in control and He guided us through one of the scariest times of our lives. In the eight weeks we spent with M in NICU He was there, in the hours leading up to her birth while I was bleeding from a partial placental abruption, He was there, as we watched her grow and reach milestones on par with other children chronologically her age (stopped correcting her age at six months old) He was there. He has been there all along as we have made parenting mistakes, as she has started preschool and now kindergarten, as she has made new friends, and became an older sister. He has been there and always will be there.

 I pray that M will continue to ask questions (even the sometimes dreaded, "why?"), to sing like there is no tomorrow, and have the child-like faith that she already does possess. I love this little girl and pray nothing but the best for her. May you continue smiling my girl, and may you never forget how loved you are! I cannot wait to celebrate with her tomorrow as we have a Tangled Birthday Party with family and friends (those pics are to come next week)


September 2011, almost 5 years old!

Though not a "Christian" song per say, it is one that has always been my favorite, particularly now that I am a mom. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



This is a song that was at the top of the charts when M was born, and it is one that I used in her scrapbook and has always been my prayer for her, and continues to be to this day.



For more inspirational songs, head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders as Amy hosts Then Sings My Soul Saturday!

Be blessed,

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    Our youngest recently turned 18.
    My how time flies.

    ReplyDelete