As a parent and early childhood educator I am always looking for great toys that are not only fun but educational. There are countless toys on the market that teach specific concepts like shapes, colors and counting, and then there are specific products that cater to large motor development (like trikes, or jump ropes for example). Very recently I came across a fantastic toy that merges learning with active play. Thanks to the folks at Hasbro Canada my family and I had the opportunity to review the Tonka Chuck and Friends Race Along Chuck.
About Race Along Chuck:
This racing dump truck is bursting with energy and wants you to race! Push or pull RACE ALONG CHUCK to make him go. Fill and empty his dump bed! When you press his cab lights, you can cycle through the racing games he plays and listen to his over 50 phrases and sounds! Fuel your imagination and take him on new adventures every day!
Includes 4 "C" batteries.
Ages 3 and up.
Of all the toys my family and I have had the chance to review this year, Race Along Chuck has definitely been one of the most fun and interactive. Yes, he says over 50 phrases and sounds but our favorite way to play with Race Along Chuck is in Game Mode, where a child (or group of children) can play 1of 6 games:
1. Green Means Go - He'll say "1, 2, 3 Green means Go" and the kids can run and he moves too!
2. Tag Me - He'll say "Come On! Catch me if you can" and he will move at a fast pace, allowing children to chase and catch him
3. Circle Race - He'll say, "Let's race in a circle" and the children can do as he says
4. How Slow Can You Go? - He'll Say, "Let's go low and slow" while the children can copy his words, he moves slow too
5. Follow The Leader - He'll say, "Let's go this way....now this way" and the children can listen and follow
6. Red Light, Green Light - He'll say, "Stop..go...stop...go" as the children follow the direction on a twist of the classic game.
Race Along Chuck can also be used as a tradition truck for children to fill and dump and the toddlers in my family child care program LOVE this. Although they were not fond of the noises he made, they loved pushing and pulling Race Along Chuck and it was used to deliver unlimited amounts of blocks in my living room (and still is!) The only member of the family who seemed to have issues with Race Along Chuck was our beloved Boston Terrier/Pug, Murphy, as he hides each time the kids turn Chuck on.
This is the perfect gift idea for children 3+ for this upcoming Christmas shopping season and retails for $39.99 at Toys R Us here in Canada.
BUY IT: You can purchase Tonka Chuck and Friends Race Along Chuck at your favorite toy retailer
One (1) reader
MANDATORY ENTRY: What was your favorite toy to receive at Christmas when you were a child?
EXTRA ENTRIES: (mandatory entry must be done for extra entries to count)
1. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC
2. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook
3. Subscribe to A Mom After God's Own Heart via email
4. Like me on Twitter
5. Blog about this giveaway (leave me the link) (3 extra entries, list separately)
6. Tweet about this giveaway once daily (RT @momrempel, separate entries daily)
GIVEAWAY OPEN TO CANADA ONLY
GIVEAWAY ENDS NOVEMBER 16, 2011
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
***I received a complimentary Race Along Chuck, courtesy of Hasbro Canada, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***