Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Other Gods Book and Bible Study: A Review

About The Book:


No Other Gods offers a revealing look at the heart of a woman. Author Kelly Minter explores what happens when good desires become false gods, robbing us of an intimate relationship with our heavenly father. She encourages us to discover the freedom in surrender. No Other Gods is based on the same theme as her corresponding Bible Study, however they are stand alone products with different material. Participants of the Bible Study will enjoy this book further detailing the topic of confronting false gods in Kelly’s personal and genuine writing style


About The Bible Study:


No Other Gods: Confronting Our Modern-Day Idols by Kelly Minter is a distinctly relational study for women and is Kelly’s first study as part of the unique Living Room Series. The study includes recipes for meal ideas, song suggestions, and an accompanying website. In this eight-session Bible study, Kelly encourages women to make room for God by dethroning the functional gods that clutter and claim their lives. No Other Gods is a Bible study that can be done individually, in a home study, or in a larger church setting.


About The Author:


Kelly Minter is an acclaimed author, songwriter, worship leader, speaker, and musician. She seeks God with commitment and an honest integrity that shines through in everything she does. Kelly lives in Nashville, Tennessee. Her songs have been recorded by Point of Grace, Joy Williams, Sonicflood, Sandi Patty, and Margaret Becker.


My Review:


A few months ago I had the opportunity to review Kelly Minter's book, The Fitting Room, and have been a fan of her work ever since. As I read through No Other God's I was impacted first at how much I inadvertantly make idols out of the things in my life. Reading this book, and working through the first few sessions of the Bible Study has really opened my eyes and allowed me the opportunity to really learn about idols, and how to forsake those and make God number one in my life again.  This is a perfect book and study for small groups and individual study! Very easy to read and understand with fresh ideas, and amazing recipes in the Bible Study (part of the Living Room Series, allowing for Bible study over meals!).  If you are looking for a great study to do with your church or a group of friends, I highly recommend this one!


I give it a huge thumbs up!


BUY IT: You can purchase both No Other Gods book and Bible study online through the official Kelly Minter website.


***I received a complimentary set of the above product, courtesy of the author, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment