Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas - A Few Day's Late!

My Christmas post just did not happen this year. Yikes, I do not know where time went, but by the time I realized I had not done a Christmas post, it was this morning. My apologies.

My family and I had a fantastic Christmas weekend, prepping for family to celebrate with us on Sunday. Between reading The Christmas Story as a family, to watching my children act out the manger scene and sing carols, we also build a Gingerbread House, watching several Christmas movies (Veggie Tales, The Nativity Story, The Grinch, White Christmas, and more), we also enjoyed a fantastic turkey dinner with some of my husband's family on Christmas Day!

This year was a new adventure, as my girls, ages five and three, are so into all the sights and sounds but I did not want them to lose out on the true meaning of Christmas, our Savior's birth. So as part of our celebrating, we made a birthday cake for Jesus...a definite highlight for my oldest daughter.

Anyway, as we head into a new year, I would like to say a belated Merry Christmas to you my readers, and it is my prayer that 2012 will be your best year yet!

1 comment: