Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Captive Heart: A Book Review

About The Book:



The Epic Story of an Amish Community in Peril

Ravaged by disease, preyed upon by ruthless bandits, the Bender family's second year in Mexico has taken a grievous turn. Faced with impossible choices, the expatriate Amish discover, more than ever before, what it means to live by faith and not by sight

But it's Miriam who must make the hardest choice as her heart takes her on a new and dangerous course. Domingo. "He is gentle," his sister said, "until someone he loves is threatened." Is Miriam that someone?

"Cualnezqui," he often calls her--the Nahuatl word for Beautiful one. The chiseled native has proven himself a man of principle, grace and power, yet is he the pearl of great price for whom Miriam would sacrifice everything, or is he merely a friend? Tormented by conflicting emotions, she's haunted by vivid dreams: Dressed in the coarse cotton pants and shirt of a peasant, she stands on the precipice of a sun-washed ridge searching desperately for Domingo. Domingo the fierce. Domingo the protector.

Domingo the forbidden.

Inspired by Actual Events!

About The Author:

Dale Cramer is the author of the bestselling and critically acclaimed novel Levi's Will, based on the story of Dale's father, a runaway Amishman. Dale's latest series, THE DAUGHTERS OF CALEB BENDER, is based on an Amish colony in the mountains of Mexico where three generations of his family lived in the 1920s. He currently lives in Georgia with his wife of 36 years, two sons and a Bernese Mountain Dog named Rupert. Visit him on his Web site atwww.dalecramer.com

My Review:

As many of you know, Amish Fiction is one of my favorite Christian Fiction genres currently. I have read many authors of this genre and all have captured my attention and brought me to a whole different and simpler life as I have read each book. Dale Cramer is no different. I absolutely loved his first book of the Daughters of Caleb Bender, Paradise Valley, and so was extremely excited to read book two, The Captive Heart recently.

The Captive Heart is full of action, romance, mystery and more. You will laugh, love, cry and be angry as you read each page. There is a little something for everyone in this book. You will be pulled in from the very first pages until the very last page. A heart-warming book that I absolutely loved. And I am very excited to say that book three (and the final one of this series) is coming out in December 2012. It is a long wait for the final book, but based on Paradise Valley and The Captive Heart, book three is going to awesome. I can't wait to see how all the loose ends from Book two wind up in Cramer's next work. 

The Captive Heart was so good, I read it in one sitting, I just could not put it down. Now you know it's a great book when you can't put it down. Good thing I had a patient husband that day:)

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase The Captive Heart at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***



No comments:

Post a Comment