Sunday, February 12, 2012

Beautifully Gifted: A Book Review

About The Book:



In Beautifully Gifted, Angela answers every woman's deep yearning—to make a vibrant and passionate contribution with her life.

Every woman yearns to know God’s high calling for her life. We all want to know that God created us for something meaningful. He designed us this way. This is all part of the marvel of His magnificent plan. Beautifully Gifted is for the woman who knows there is more to her life than she is presently experiencing. She knows that her life is for a greater purpose and that God is calling her to more.

Beautifully Gifted will encourage you to discover and pursue God’s high calling. We all have a role to play in God’s great adventure, to be His hands and heart to this world. Beautifully Gifted empowers women to explore how their unique gifts, passion, and life story are meant for the Kingdom of God.

God continues His story of beauty and redemption in your giftedness and life. His desire is that you would enjoy an intimate and passionate life with Him. Beautifully Gifted will challenge and motivate you to pursue the most poignant and personal adventure of all, the high calling of God.

Beautifully Gifted will help you to discover:
-Who God calls - Why God created each of us according to His good pleasure - How God uses your unique giftedness, passion, and life experiences for His plans - What it means personally to live out God’s high calling in your life

About The Author:

I am passionate about empowering people to embrace intentional and wholehearted living. I find it a joy and privilege to come alongside people helping them to create lives they love. I have a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and an M.S. in Ministry. I work as a Leadership and Life Consultant. My office is located in the South Bay of Los Angeles County. My research and writing interests are best reflected in the areas of faith, psychology, and leadership. I enjoy investing in people’s lives; to me, there is nothing greater. 

I live in the Los Angeles area with my husband and our two sons. I love raising our boys; they continue to teach me about what really matters. Something about their masculine spirit; so alive, curious, and adventurous, reminds me of a God who calls us to live out an adventure with Him. Some of my favorite things in life are the sound of boys laughing, traveling, deep conversation, long walks with good friends, family dinners, and our golden retriever, 
Bella.

My Review:

Do you often wonder what your true gifts of God are, and how to use them for His glory? I know I have. There have been many times where I have wondered, "am I doing what I should be and using my gifts to His glory?".

Reading Beautifully Gifted has been a wonderful experience. Filled with scripture references and practical life experiences, the author will engage you from the first pages. The book is very well written, perfect for individual study, or group study. It is a great reminder that we should not be comparing ourselves to each other as women, but encouraging one another to use our gifts and that each of us is unique. I love that she includes some pretty simple, yet thought-provoking, questions at the end of each chapter, and ideas for retreats and group study. I am going to try to adapt some of the ideas for my own individual retreat soon. A great reminder of finding our purpose for God's work here on Earth.

I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase Beautifully Gifted by Angela Bisignano online here.

***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of PR By The Book and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment