Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul - Food and Love: A Book Review




About Chicken Soup For The Soul:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, publishes all the latest titles in the famous Chicken Soup for the Soul book series which are distributed through Simon and Schuster, Inc. Since 1993, books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series have sold more than 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages. Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing also licenses the right to use its famous trademark to high quality licensees. The company is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media, is working on several TV shows and is developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support, inspiration and wellness. In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century. For more information visit: www.chickensoup.com





About The Book:

101 Stories Celebrating Special Times with Family and Friends... and Recipes Too!
Food is an expression of love — both the romantic kind and the comforting kind between family and friends. With its savory, sweet, and sometimes spicy stories, this delightful collection will sprinkle in laughs, warm hearts of readers, and stir up memories that certain aromas and tastes always bring. Readers will relish the stories on how love and food together played a flavorful part in life. Some recipes included too!
My Review:
I am a huge fan of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, and over the years, have had the chance to read many of the  editions that have been published. Most recently, I read Food and Love, and I was not disappointed. 
Full of amazing short stories that have reminded me of my favorite food memories, I laughed and cringed as I read each one (cringing more with the stories of food disasters, as I can definitely relate). The book also has a number of delightful sounding recipes that I hope to try out in the near future. Each story is only a couple pages long, so perfect for reading during a commute to work, or on the airplane when traveling. My favorite section was the cooking with children (Little Helpers), and Learning To Cook.
If you are a foodie, or have one in your life, this book would be a fantastic read and gift idea. 


I highly recommend it and give it a huge thumbs up.


BUY IT: You can purchase Chicken Soup for the Soul - Food and Love at your favorite bookseller


***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Shelton Interactive and Simon/Shuster Publishers, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment