Packed with exciting features that help tween girls better understand themselves and Scripture, the Faithgirlz Bible teaches girls that the Bible is real, relevant, and, best of all, that the story of God and his people is also their story. With in-text features written by tween expert Nancy Rue, the Faithgirlz Bible uses the bestselling New International Version (NIV).
Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz! sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz! Bible, girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime. Features include:
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
• Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
• Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about.
• The complete NIV translation
• Features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue.
You can read a sample of the NIV Faithgirlz Bible here, in PDF Format
About The NIV Boys Bible:
The NIV Boys Bible was created especially for boys ages 9 to 12 and helps them grow into the young men God wants them to be. Fun in-text features help boys dig deep into the Word and learn about amazing people, facts, and stories of the Bible.
Grow into the young man God wants you to be Dig deep into God’s Word and learn amazing new facts, discover inspiring people and stories, and uncover all kinds of stuff that you never ever imagined was in the Bible. Helpful, fun, and often downright astonishing, the NIV Boys Bible features unique and meaningful content.
• What’s the Big Deal?—Need-to-know biblical stories and people
• Check It Out—Interesting and funny facts about Bible times and characters
• Grossology—Gross and gory stuff you never knew was in the Bible
• Makin’ It Real—Help for applying Bible stories to your everyday life
• Hundreds of highlighted verses worth memorizing
• Introductions to each book of the Bible
• Presentation page
• Complete NIV text
You can read a sample of The NIV Boys Bible here, in PDF Format
The NIV Study Bible was one of the first Bibles I had as a young adult, and I was very excited to see that Zondervan has created a Bible for older children, ages 8-11 years. Though not a study Bible per say, it contains a ton of great features for your child to learn more about God, the Bible, how it relates to our life, and how to live out our faith! Both Bibles would be perfect gift ideas for a child in your life, be it for birthdays, Christmas, Baptisms or anytime.
The NIV version of the Bible is a very easy to read and understand version, perfect for tweens and young teens. I also loved that throughout the Bibles, tweens are encouraged to live out there faith in a variety of ways.
My favorite feature is the many verses that are highlighted for memorization sake. Scripture memory is an important part of being a Christian and you can never be too young to start memory work.
I highly recommend both these Bibles, and give them both a huge thumbs up.
BUY IT: You can purchase the NIV Faithgirlz Bible and NIV Boys Bible at your favorite bookseller from Zondervan
***I received a complimentary copy of the two Bibles above, courtesy of The B and B Media Group and Zondervan, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***