Friday, April 6, 2012

The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek: Blog Tour and GIVEWAWAY!



About The Book:


Upon his arrival, Butternut Creek Christian Church's newly-minted minister is met by a welcome committee led by Miss Birdie and her friend Mercedes, a.k.a. "the Widows." Their first order of business, to educate him on how things should be done, quickly gives way to a campaign to find him a wife. 

When their matchmaking efforts fizzle, the Widows turn to another new bachelor. Amputee and Afghan vet Sam simply wants to be left alone-- a desire that's as good as a red flag to the Widows! Soon they're scheming to pair him up with Willow, his beautiful physical therapist, a divorced mother of two who is afraid of commitment, Perrine's small-town tale is a big-time triumph of gentle humor, fast-paced plot, and wonderfully engaging characters.







About The Author:


A Missouri native, Jane Myers Perrine earned her B.A. from Kansas State University and her M.Ed. in Spanish from the University of Louisville. She was a finalist in the Regency category of the Golden Heart Awards, and her short pieces have appeared in the Houston Chronicle and Woman's World magazine. A high-school Spanish teacher as well as an ordained minister, she currently lives in Texas with her husband, who is the minister of a local Christian church


My Review:


If you are looking for a afternoon snuggled under a blanket, with a cup of tea and great book, look no further than The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek! It is full of delightful characters and story lines that will catch your attention from the first pages and keep you intrigued until the very end. It is the first of this authors books I have read, but for sure will not be the last. Though a Christian novel it can be enjoyed by both Christian and non-Christian readers alike. 


I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.


BUY IT: You can purchase The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek at your favorite bookseller from FaithWords. a division of Hachette Book Group


WIN IT: 
One (1) Reader
 will win 
a copy
 of 
The Welcome Committee
 of 
Butternut Creek


MANDATORY ENTRY: Head over to Hachette Book Group and tell me one other book you would love to read


EXTRA ENTRIES: (mandatory entry must be completed for extra entries to count)


1. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC


2. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook


3. Follow me on Twitter


4. Subscribe to A Mom After God's Own Heart via email


GIVEAWAY OPEN TO U.S. AND CANADA ONLY


GIVEAWAY ENDS MAY 1, 2012

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

***I received a complimentary electronic copy of this book, courtesy of Hachette Book Group and NetGalley, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

47 comments:

  1. Another book I would love to read is "Trusting God Day By Day" by Joyce Meyer.

    ajmizen(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow via GFC as Glogirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook. (Amy M)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you on Twitter @glogirl3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read the Snow Child.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow by google reader as Marjorie/cenya2

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked you on facebook as Marjorie Roy.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow by email.

    cenya2 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to read "The Other Side of Suffering" by John Ramsey.

    andrea2russia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Follow on GFC - Andrea Williams

    andrea2russia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Follow on facebook - Andrea Williams

    andrea2russia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Subscribe via email.

    andrea2russia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to read Every Day A Friday by Joel Osteen
    marypopmom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am e mail subscriber
    marypopmom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to read Mr. Rosenblum dreams in English from Hachette books.saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am an e-mail subscriber. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. A book that interests me greatly is The Gilly salt Sisters. elliotbencan(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am an e-mail subscriber. elliotbencan(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the review! I certainly appreciate the huge thumbs up!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. riding in my car

    pjames330 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. gfc follower
    pjames330 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. email sub

    pjames330 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. twitter follower
    pj436
    pjames330 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. fb fan
    pamela j

    pjames330 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to read Guilty Wives
    by James Patterson.
    Thanks for the giveaway!
    eswright18 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I follow via GFC (ellie)
    eswright18 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like you on FB (Ellie W)
    eswright18 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you on Twitter @eswright18
    eswright18 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to read THE BOOK OF MADNESS AND CURES.

    Thank you,

    Christine Womack
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC

    Thank you,

    Christine Womack
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook

    Thank you,

    Christine Womack
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I follow you on Twitter.

    Thank you,

    Christine Womack
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Subscribe to A Mom After God's Own Heart via email

    Thank you,

    Christine Womack
    womackcm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Selling Water by the River
    is another book I'd like to read

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Follow A Mom After God's Own Heart via GFC
    as Robyn L

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Like A Mom After God's Own Heart on Facebook
    as Robyn Lee

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  37. Follow me on Twitter; do as @rlee1950

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  38. Subscribed to A Mom After God's Own Heart via e-mail

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd like to read Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive.

    ReplyDelete
  40. As a member of the healthcare field, stories which have a base in medicine mean a lot to me as this one would.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This sounds like a wonderful book. I'd love to win a copy.
    Nancee
    quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd love to read "When You Are Down to Nothing, God Is Up to Something". This featured book sounds like a good read as well :)

    ReplyDelete