Thursday, April 26, 2012

You're Already Amazing: A Book Review

About The Book:



Psst . . . pull up a chair and I'll tell you a secret. You'd better lean in close for this one.

Ready?

You don't have to do more, be more, have more.

I'm sure there are security alarms going off somewhere. You should probably hide this book when your in-laws come over.

But it's true.

It's the kind of true that will change your life, set you free, and make you wake up smiling for the first time in a long time. I know because that's what it did for me. .
. .
So watch out, sister. If you keep reading you just might be next.

With this heart-to-heart message, Holley Gerth invites you to embrace one very important truth--that you truly are already amazing. Like a trusted friend, Holley gently shows you how to forget the lies and expectations the world feeds you and instead believe that God loves you and has bigger plans for your life than you've even imagined.

You can read an excerpt of You're Already Amazing here, in PDF format

About The Author:

Holley Gerth is an award-winning writer, licensed counselor, certified life coach, and speaker. She is cofounder of (in)courage, an online destination for women, which received more than one million page views in its first six months. She also reaches out to readers through her popular blog, Heart to Heart with Holley and through her partnership with DaySpring, a subidiary of Hallmark. Holley lives in Arkansas with her husband, Mark

My Review:

I was pleasantly surprised as I read each chapter in this book. I felt like I was at coffee with the author, and when a book is written in that manner, it is right up my alley.  And it totally helps that it is endorsed by some of my favorite new authors like Ann Voskamp, Angie Smith, Mary DeMuth, and Emily P.  Freeman.

Written in a very informal manner, the book is very easy to read and will inspire you in many different ways. I was encouraged to really look at my strengths and how to use them to live out my life purposes (this obviously will be a different outcome for each of us). It does not matter what stage of life you are in, if you are a new or veteran Christian, or married/single. This book is for all women to read, it is inspiring and your life will be better for reading You're Already Amazing! The entire book can be summed up in this statement: its about purpose, not perfection! If you are ready to let go of striving for perfection, then I urge you to pick up this book, and allow God to work through Holley Gerth and be inspired!

BUY IT: You can purchase You're Already Amazing at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment