Monday, May 28, 2012

Hiking Through: A Book Review

About The Book:

A life-changing journey begins with a single step

After Paul Stutzman lost his wife to breast cancer, he sensed a tug on his heart--the call to a challenge, the call to pursue a dream. With a mixture of dread and determination, Paul left his job, traveled to Georgia, and took his first steps on the Appalachian Trail. What he learned during the next four and a half months changed his life--and can change yours as well.

In Hiking Through, you'll join Paul on his remarkable 2,176-mile trip through fourteen states in search of peace and a renewed sense of purpose. Along the way, you'll meet fascinating and funny people, experience trail magic, and discover that every choice we make on the path has consequences for the journey. More than that, you'll come away with a new understanding of God's grace and guidance--even in the smallest things.

You can read an excerpt of Hiking Through here, in PDF format 

About The Author:

Paul Stutzman is a former restaurant manager who left his career after his wife's death from breast cancer. He hiked the Appalachian Trail in search of peace, healing, and freedom. His passion and mission is to share what he learned on that remarkable journey. Paul grew up in the Mennonite church. When he is not hiking or on a cross-country bike ride he makes his home in Berlin, Ohio.

My Review:


I have been married for almost 15 years and it saddens my heart to even thinking about living my life without my husband. I know that I have an amazing support system but my husband is my best friend and life would never be the same without him. So when I hear about journey's that people make after losing their loving ones, I am always interesting in reading their stories. 


Hiking Through: One Man's Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail was an incredibly remarkable read. What a journey to healing to have witnessed as I read. All levels of emotion are discussed and it was amazing to see the author moved from complete despair in grief to hope in healing. The writing was fantastic and the flow of the book was great. It is a book that will appeal to all readers of all ages.


I highly recommend this book and give it a huge thumbs up.

BUY IT: You can purchase Hiking Through at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

***I received a complimentary copy of this book, courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc., for the purpose of review on this blog. All opinions expressed are my own, and I have not been compensated in any other manner***

No comments:

Post a Comment